Business Operations Analyst - Internship (Markham, ON)
JChange the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This Student Position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 16 (internship) month work term commencing May 2018. It ismandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business causal dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online atwww.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
The following job responsibilities for Business Operations Analyst include:
- Liaise and collaborate with Finance, HR, and development teams worldwide to collect up-to-date business data to facilitate the reporting process
- Aggregate, compile, and prepare reports using Microsoft Excel and the Cognos BI suite of software
- Drive recommendations and process improvements through proposing creative solutions to existing business processes
- Perform and coordinate monthly headcount reconciliations and validation activities
- Conduct periodic audit to ensure accurate reporting and timely corrections
- Prepare and distribute monthly reports to relevant business unit owners and address any concerns that may arise
- Coordinate tracking, analysis, and reconciliation of resource databases to ensure resource changes are accurately forecasted and captured
- Collaborate with technical team members to drive new initiatives and tooling development in the area of business intelligence and resource forecasting
- Administer business controls (i.e. hiring controls) and carry out database administration, updates, and maintenance as required
- Document standard operating procedures and help ensure knowledge transfer
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Solid understanding and proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Excel VBA and PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of accounting principles, statistical analysis, and data visualization tools
- Ability to understand, verbalize, articulate complex problems, and communicate effectively with varying levels of management
- Demonstrated creative problem solving skills, ability to drive results, and deliver viable solutions
- Demonstrated communication skills and an aptitude for collaborative team work
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, and to adapt changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Energetic, self-driven, and results-oriented
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience with Cognos BI Suite of Software, Lotus Notes Applications, and/or IBM Domino and Notes Script is an asset
- Understanding of relational databases & basic data warehousing principles
- Experience programming in Java and VBA
- Knowledge of process engineering & business modelling
- Understanding of project management principles
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.