Business Operations Analyst - Internship (Markham, ON)
IBM is a globally integrated technology and consulting company headquartered in Armonk, New York. With operations in more than 170 countries, IBM attracts and retains some of the world's most talented people to help solve problems and provide an edge for businesses, governments and non-profits.
Today, IBM is focused on five growth initiatives - Cloud, Big Data and Analytics, Mobile, Social Business and Security. IBMers are working with customers around the world to apply the company's business consulting, technology and Research & Development expertise to enable systems of engagement that deliver dynamic insights for businesses and governments worldwide.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
*This Student Position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 16 (internship) month work term commencing May 2017.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business causal dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
The following job responsibilities for Business Operations Analyst include:
- Liaise and collaborate with Finance, HR, and development teams worldwide to collect up-to-date business data to facilitate the reporting process
- Aggregate, compile, and prepare reports using Microsoft Excel and the Cognos BI suite of software
- Drive recommendations and process improvements through proposing creative solutions to existing business processes
- Perform and coordinate monthly headcount reconciliations and validation activities
- Conduct periodic audit to ensure accurate reporting and timely corrections
- Prepare and distribute monthly reports to relevant business unit owners and address any concerns that may arise
- Coordinate tracking, analysis, and reconciliation of resource databases to ensure resource changes are accurately forecasted and captured
- Collaborate with technical team members to drive new initiatives and tooling development in the area of business intelligence and resource forecasting
- Administer business controls (i.e. hiring controls) and carry out database administration, updates, and maintenance as required
- Document standard operating procedures and help ensure knowledge transfer
Required Education: High School Diploma/GED
Preferred Education: Pre-University Qualification
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Solid understanding and proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Excel VBA and PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of accounting principles, statistical analysis, and data visualization tools
- Ability to understand, verbalize, articulate complex problems, and communicate effectively with varying levels of management
- Demonstrated creative problem solving skills, ability to drive results, and deliver viable solutions
- Demonstrated communication skills and an aptitude for collaborative team work
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, and to adapt changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Energetic, self-driven, and results-oriented
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Experience with Cognos BI Suite of Software, Lotus Notes Applications, and/or IBM Domino and Notes Script is an asset
- Understanding of relational databases & basic data warehousing principles
- Experience programming in Java and VBA
- Knowledge of process engineering & business modelling
- Understanding of project management principles
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.