Bilingual Customer Service Representative
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an IBMer, you can change the way the world works. Join IBM and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers—people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world’s top business and technology professionals. Network in an open, friendly and flexible work environment where diversity is embraced and new, creative ways of thinking are encouraged and supported. There is no better place to launch or further your career.
The role will involve providing technical support for resolution including, equipment functionality, configuration and repair, application support, software downloads, and network connectivity.
The candidate will need to provide bilingual support.
This is a generalist role for someone who enjoys problem solving, working with people and learning about new technologies. This position allows agents to get exposure and relevant experiences to different technologies and activities.
People in this role should have a solid understanding of call/incident management, problem and change management, supporting technologies and enjoy a challenging fast paced environment
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Demonstrates verbal and written communications skills in French and English
- Proven customer service skills
- Demonstrates the ability to multi-task in support of calls, emails or chat handling
- Accurately and clearly document all customer interactions within a ticketing system, follow established call handling and work flow processes
- Ability to interface with a variety of other work groups
- Availability to work flexible shifts (including evenings, mid-nights, weekends and holidays)
- Ability to work in a fasted paced dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Experience with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office software
- General working knowledge of PC and off the shelf software products and e-mail
- Active listener
- Update the status of the call through to completion
- Perform Install / Move / Add / Change services remotely
- Receive initial incident notification from Service Desk
- Administrative tasks in support of the activity
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Experience with mobile devices, such as Blackberry and iPhone products and services with the expectation to be cross trained on other product lines (Embedded Laptops, USB Sticks, data backup and restoration, etc)
- Recent experience on a service desk, understanding of AGILE, Lean and ITIL principles
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's this unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.