Bilingual Customer Service Representative
As an IBMer, you can change the way the world works. Join IBM and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers—people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world’s top business and technology professionals. Network in an open, friendly and flexible work environment where diversity is embraced and new, creative ways of thinking are encouraged and supported. There is no better place to launch or further your career.
The role will involve providing level 1.5 technical support for resolution including, equipment functionality, configuration and repair, application support, software downloads, and network connectivity
The candidate will need to provide bilingual support.
This is a generalist role for someone who enjoys problem solving, working with people and learning about new technologies. This position allows agents to get exposure and relevant experiences to different technologies and activities.
People in this role should have a solid understanding of call/incident management, problem and change management, supporting technologies and enjoy a challenging fast paced environment
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrates verbal and written communications skills in French and English
- Proven customer service skills
- Demonstrates the ability to multi-task in support of calls, emails or chat handling
- Accurately and clearly document all customer interactions within a ticketing system, follow established call handling and work flow processes
- Ability to interface with a variety of other work groups
- Availability to work flexible shifts (including evenings, mid-nights, weekends and holidays)
- Ability to work in a fasted paced dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Experience with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office software
- General working knowledge of PC and off the shelf software products and e-mail
- Active listener
- Update the status of the call through to completion
- Perform Install / Move / Add / Change services remotely
- Receive initial incident notification from Service Desk
- Administrative tasks in support of the activity
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Experience with mobile devices, such as Blackberry and iPhone products and services with the expectation to be cross trained on other product lines (Embedded Laptops, USB Sticks, data backup and restoration, etc)
Recent experience on a service desk, understanding of AGILE, Lean and ITIL principles
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.