Automation Dev & Testing Intern (12 - 16 Months), Markham
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Start date for this internship is May 2021 (12 or 16 month term) - Markham, ON
At IBM we have an amazing opportunity to transform the world with cognitive technology. By using the vast amounts of information available today to identify new patterns and make new discoveries, we are helping cities become smarter, hospitals transform patient care, financial institutions minimize risk, and pharmaceuticals find cures for rare diseases. Join the forward-thinking teams at IBM solving some of the world’s most complex problems – there is no better place to put your academic knowledge to work!
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll work in an Agile, collaborative environment to understand requirements, design, code and test innovative applications, and support those applications for our highly valued customers.
- You’ll employ IBM’s Design Thinking to create products that provide a great user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability.
- You’ll enable continuous deployment and availability by designing, developing and creating automated frameworks, processes and test cases based on functional and end-user requirements.
- You’ll build and manage testing environments, assisting in debugging application issues.
- You’ll implement software that tests and stresses on-premise products and/or cloud services for end users.
Who You Are:
- You are highly motivated and have a passion for creating and supporting great products.
- You thrive on collaboration, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines, and you have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You are great at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, designing and implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
- You have a basic understanding of software development and programming languages.
Automation Development and Testing Interns are in demand across IBM's growth areas. You'll be matched to a development team based on your skills, location preference, and business needs. Positions are based in the following IBM office(s):
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Must have basic knowledge in one or more of the following technology areas: C++, C, Java, Ruby, Python
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Basic knowledge of automation tools and testing frameworks.
About Business Unit
No matter where you work in IBM, you are making an impact. As an Early Professional with IBM, you will be taking on a key role with one of our industry-leading business units to work on the technology that is solving our most challenging problems and changing the way the world thinks.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.