Associate Technical Analyst - Internship (Toronto, ON)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Toronto, Ontario and is a 16 (internship) month work term commencing May 2019. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
- Consult directly with stakeholders: business users, System Administrators or Technical Resources, both over the phone and via electronic communication, to troubleshoot and resolve basic incentive calculation solutions
- Analyze performance issues with calculation time and recommend creative solutions
- Manage client expectations through the case resolution process
- Contribute to the content of our Knowledge base
- Provide assistance to consultants and partners during implementation
- Spend 50+ hours on self-directed learning opportunities; to hone technical skills, develop your career and recognize your creative potential.
- Complete independent projects to transform and automate our businesses.
- Small team environment to work closely with others on collaborative work.
- Opportunities to learn and practice other languages including Spanish, French and many others.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Understand database concepts
- Ability to read complex queries
- Team player
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical, self-motivated, and resourceful
- Demonstrates sound judgment and decision-making skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Knowledge of database concepts and/or hands-on experience with SQL
- Experience with Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of Tomcat, Websphere and/or Jboss
- Customer service experience is an asset
- Fluency in French and/or Spanish is an asset
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.