Associate Data Scientist (Entry Level): Toronto/Calgary
IBM is a global cognitive and cloud company changing the way the world works. We foster a culture of creative, innovative thinkers; people who are curious about how technology can transform businesses and impact the world. Our consultants are part of IBM Services, where we engage with clients across every industry to deliver technology-driven solutions. We cultivate a diverse, inclusive, global team of people who want to pioneer, reimagine, and disrupt the future.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We’re looking for passionate, original thinkers who want to drive progress, grow their network, and further their careers. If you see yourself as someone who never stops learning, who believes no problem is too big to solve, and who wants to unleash their potential, the entry level Associates Program is for you.
To learn more about the Associates Program, visit www.ibm.com/associates and access our Applicant Info Package at www.ibm.biz/AssociatesCanada.
- Graduated (or will be graduating) between 2019 and September 2021
- Have an Associate’s Degree, College Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, or Master’s Degree (Exception: The Associates Program does not accept MBA or PhD candidates/graduates)
- Have maximum 2 years of full-time, professional work experience
- Are within commuting distance of Toronto/Calgary, with flexibility to travel 80-100% of the time
- Are eligible to work in Canada without current or future need for visa sponsorship
At the very top of your resume, indicate which of the following cities you are willing to remain in and/or relocate to. Kindly note that our incoming Associates are responsible for all costs associated with relocation.
ASSOCIATE DATA SCIENTIST
As an Associate Data Scientist, you’ll use cognitive tools to analyze data and predict trends to make meaningful recommendations to clients. Armed with data, modeling expertise, and analytic results, you’ll formulate conclusions and recommendations to client stakeholders, leveraging strong consulting, communication, visualization, and storytelling skills.
- Communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders to understand and define business needs and translate them to a data science context
- Work in an agile, collaborative environment, partnering with other scientists, engineers, consultants, and database administrators to integrate the latest predictive analytics with enterprise-level application development
- Build teams or write programs to cleanse and integrate data sources in an efficient and reusable manner, resulting in high-quality, clean datasets
- Incorporate a variety of statistical and machine learning techniques on big data, using leading edge tools such as R (ggplot2) and Python (scikit-learn, tensor-flow), combined with IBM tools and AI application suites
- Implement and validate predictive models with the end user, using quick feedback loops to iterate and develop the most usable models for the specific use case
- Deploy and maintain machine learning models using established best practices, allowing the client to consistently gain high value from advanced analytics projects
By applying to this Career Path, you may be considered for any one of these Practices: www.ibm.biz/PracticesHiringDataScientists
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Strong fundamentals in Mathematics and Computer Science (algorithms)
- Proficiency in least one or more statistical programming languages (e.g. R, Python, Scala, SAS, SPSS, MATLAB)
- Basic understanding of or experience with predictive/prescriptive modeling
- Exposure to Cloud (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud) is an asset
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Ability to thrive in an ever-changing, technology-based consulting environment, using agile development techniques
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Please see job description.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Please see job description.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.