Associate Consultant (Entry Level): Toronto/Calgary/Ottawa
IBM is a global cognitive and cloud company changing the way the world works. We foster a culture of creative, innovative thinkers; people who are curious about how technology can transform businesses and impact the world. Our consultants are part of IBM Services, where we engage with clients across every industry to deliver technology-driven solutions. We cultivate a diverse, inclusive, global team of people who want to pioneer, reimagine, and disrupt the future.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We’re looking for passionate, original thinkers who want to drive progress, grow their network, and further their careers. If you see yourself as someone who never stops learning, who believes no problem is too big to solve, and who wants to unleash their potential, the entry level Associates Program is for you.
To learn more about the Associates Program, visit www.ibm.com/associates and access our Applicant Info Package at www.ibm.biz/AssociatesCanada.
- Graduated (or will be graduating) between 2019 and September 2021
- Have an Associate’s Degree, College Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, or Master’s Degree (Exception: The Associates Program does not accept MBA or PhD candidates/graduates)
- Have maximum 2 years of full-time, professional work experience
- Are within commuting distance of Toronto/Calgary/Ottawa/Montreal, with flexibility to travel 80-100% of the time
- Are eligible to work in Canada without current or future need for visa sponsorship
At the very top of your resume, indicate which of the following cities you are willing to remain in and/or relocate to. Kindly note that our incoming Associates are responsible for all costs associated with relocation.
If you are fluent in both the English and French language AND you are open to working in Montreal, you MUST INSTEAD apply at www.ibm.biz/BilingualAssociateConsultant.
As an Associate Consultant, you’ll be right at the intersection of technology, people, and process. You’ll play a leading role in advising clients on business transformation through an analytical approach that combines human-centered design and an understanding of emerging technologies and platforms. You'll be our clients’ guide to developing an understanding of their existing processes, goals, and objectives to define their future state – then help them get there.
- Identify and analyze opportunities and obstacles clients face in global and increasingly competitive markets
- Use IBM Enterprise Design Thinking to help solve client challenges
- Apply best practices as an Agile Practitioner on client projects
- Enable your project team by running/supporting workshops, meetings, and stakeholder interviews, and developing communications tailored to specific audiences
- Define current and future operational scenarios through process maps, models, use cases, and plans
- Translate client requirements into analytical specifications for the implementation of disruptive technology solutions
- Develop new business models to bring ideas to life, increase efficiency and profitability for existing offerings, or determine optimal routes to market for new or existing products and services
- Identify issues, create hypotheses, and execute analyses, developing decision-ready recommendations to inform the strategic agenda for clients
By applying to this Career Path, you may be considered for any one of these Practices: www.ibm.biz/PracticesHiringConsultants
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- You demonstrate leadership and flexibility, with a willingness to readily and voluntarily take ownership of highly meaningful tasks and problems, even beyond your initial scope of responsibility
- You are thorough and analytical; capable of applying logic to solve problems
- You can handle multiple tasks concurrently and meet target timelines while maintaining focus, despite conflicting demands
- You are driven to overcome the most challenging obstacles, and look for ways to improve results
- You take initiative to actively seek new knowledge and improve your skills
- You collaborate effectively with diverse individuals and strengthen relationships to achieve well-designed solutions
- You communicate sophisticated situations and requirements clearly, simply, and concisely, both verbally and in written form, by actively listening and conveying difficult messages in a positive manner
- You have a passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand and assimilate different points of view
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Please see job description.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Please see job description.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.