Application Management Lead - Internship (Markham, ON)
Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 16 (internship) month work term commencing June 2018. It ismandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online atwww.ibm.com/jobs .
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Application Management Lead will work closely with other members of the SIS Program Office to support and administer application development and maintenance processes. For this role, they will be responsible to evaluate reports and process input, perform investigation to understand exposures or actions and document findings or results. They will also be responsible for some application development in support of the various admin tools
- Perform consolidation of Application Release Documentation for distribution to clients
- Administer Application Request for Service Process and Project Reporting
- Consolidate and Lead Project Governance meeting
- Perform java development to further enhance functionality in our project management tool
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with MS Office or equivalent – Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Java development
- Experience with Lotus Notes
- Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Proven verbal and written communications skills
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Knowledge of IBM products
- Knowledge of the software development cycle
- Knowledge of IBM products such as RACF would be a benefit
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.