Application Developer, Mobile/Blockchain/VR Solutions - Co-op (Toronto,ON)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Toronto, Ontario and is a 4 month work term commencing September 2018. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The IBM Interactive Experience (https://www-935.ibm.com/services/ibmix/) develops complete digital experience for our customers.
Our Canadian Digital Solution development team is a global leader in providing clients with Web, Mobile, Virtual Reality, or API development services based on emerging technologies. We design and develop custom solutions for a variety of device platforms including Responsive Web, iPhone, Android, Oculus Rift, Apple TV, and Blockchain.
We are also helping our client build the next generation of digital solutions that are cloud enabled and powered by cognitive using IBM Bluemix Cloud Platform and IBM Watson Solutions and APIs.
This position is for the IBM iX team based in Downtown Toronto.
Our team is looking for enthusiastic and driven Application Developers with full stack application development skills.
Do you live and breathe mobile? Are you that person who sees opportunity everywhere for digital technology to improve experiences? Can you collaborate and push the envelope to design, develop and implement leading applications for our clients? We want your skills and experience.
Bring us your work portfolio and let's talk!
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum of 4-months internship/co-op experience in application development
- Experience developing rich mobile/web user interfaces, component and widgets
- Understanding of API specs and knowledge of how to create them (REST APIs)
- Detail oriented, creative, resourceful and able to work independently as well as part of a larger team
- Keen eye for details and quality at both the code level and the overall application design
- Exhibits creative thinking, have the drive to turn ideas into reality, and have a passion for user experience
- Knowledge of different solution/software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Extreme Programming)
- Experience in server-side technologies (One of: J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, NodeJS, Python, PHP)
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience creating iOS native applications using Apple's Xcode development tools and major iOS frameworks using Objective-C and/or Swift
- Experience creating native Android applications using Android development tools and major Android frameworks using Java
- Experience with cloud platforms including AwS, Bluemix and Azure
- Experience creating AR/VR applications using Unity or React VR
- Development experience in C#
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.