Application Developer Internship (Markham, ON)
Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 12 (internship)month work term commencing May 2018. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online atwww.ibm.com/jobs .
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Part of the team of application developers who maintain and enhance an existing set of tools and add new tools to support an internal organization within IBM. The Customer Solution Centre is part of a service organization that is responsible for the configuration and rollout of systems, including complex systems, networking gear, Point of Sale and servers. The role is office based and the environment is very dynamic and fast paced, quick turnaround of solutions is required.
The application developer position includes:
- Working with the development team to develop a new workflow tool for our client
- Ensuring that all new content complies with accessibility & quality guidelines
- User interface / navigation analysis and design / redesign
- Planning and conducting testing for our supported browser platforms based on requirements and specifications, creating test plans from these specifications and performing tests
- Interface with other departments to discuss their requirements
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Database manipulation (SQL, Doctrine DQL, MySQL, DB2)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Windows, Linux, MacOS, iOS, Android
- User Acceptance Testing
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.