AI Strategy - Internship (Toronto, ON)
Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Toronto and is a 12-16 (internship) month work term commencing May 2018. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
As they say, “IBM “woke up the AI world.” We are building a new kind of strategy consulting practice that takes advantage of the latest development in AI and automation as well as other relevant emerging technologies to deliver innovative business, technology and digital strategy projects. We are working with some of the most innovative senior leaders of Fortune 500 organizations to help reimagine their business designs: business models, functions, processes, job roles and customer interactions in the world where the machine learns and reasons, and digitization is the norm. We are taking advantage of IBM's own AI and automation offerings as well as what the broader technology ecosystem offers to best serve our clients’ needs. We are building the future of consulting and challenging the traditional norms. Join us as we disrupt the digital world. IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is hiring an AI Strategy Intern with subject matter experience in delivery of strategy and subsequent transformation projects for some of the world’s most essential clients.
You love technology. You are a tinkerer, coder and STEM mind with strategy experience. You are an avid reader of books and news. You are an innovative out-of-box thinker with multidisciplinary interest areas. You are a strong consultant who learns fast and is never afraid to face new challenges. You enjoy working on large scale strategy and transformation projects, involving digital, analytics, AI and automation. Apply now!
Learn more about our latest thought leadership on AI at https://www.ibm.com/watson/advantage-reports/future-of-artificial-intelligence.html
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3rd year student studying Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics or Business
- Previous internship experience as a project analyst or consultant
- Experience supporting business, technical or digital strategy
- Ability to learn new technology and apply it to transform or optimize business designs
- Broad-based general technology ecosystem and industry understanding
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Understanding of AI / Automation advancements and associated companies
- Technology / analytics / digital media savvy
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.