2019 Consulting by Degrees program - Calgary
What will you do as an IBM Entry-level Consultant?
As an Entry-level Consultant, you will have the opportunity to join Consulting by Degrees - our world-class leadership and development program designed to provide the full-spectrum of structured training, development, and practical experience necessary to successfully launch and accelerate their career. You will contribute right away to top-tier clients in collaboration with smart people in a dynamic team environment. You will work on projects that help clients integrate strategy, process, technology and information to increase effectiveness, reduce costs and improve profit and shareholder value. You will have an opportunity to build a powerful portfolio of interesting and rewarding experiences. You can take advantage of opportunities to master new skills, work across different disciplines and move into new challenges…all at IBM, a company that is at the forefront of tackling the grand challenges that affect our society, such as climate change, energy production, traffic congestion and health care.
The Consulting by Degrees program is apart of our Global Business Services (GBS) division in IBM Canada. Within GBS, we look to hire consultants into various practices based on their skill sets and education. Listed below are descriptions of our practices.
iX (Interactive Experience)
- Contact Centre
- Marketing Platforms (Adobe)
- Customer Engagement and Design (UX)
- Digital Business Strategy
- Connected Operations
- Tech and Data
Cognitive Process Transformation
Cognitive Business Decision Support
- IoT Watson
- Watson AI
- Data Platforms
- Advanced Analytics
Cognitive Process Re-Engineering
- Talent and Engagement
Cognitive Process Services
- Cognitive Process Automation
Cloud Application Innovation
- SAP (Ariba, Hybris and Finance modules)
- Success Factors
- ADMI / CAMS
To further review our different practices and to gain a better understanding of what each group does, please review the Consulting by Degrees Job Description and also for additional information about our program, please visit our website at: http://www-935.ibm.com/services/ca/en/gbs/consulting/careers/cbd/opportunities/ *Note: we are in the process of updating our website. Please stay tuned for the most up-to-date information
Highly collaborative. Highly Challenging. Highly Competitive.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrated leadership and adaptability with the willingness to readily and voluntarily take ownership of highly challenging tasks and problems, even beyond initial scope of responsibility.
- A thorough and analytical approach with the capability to apply logic to solve problems.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines while maintaining focus despite conflicting demands.
- Drive to overcome the most challenging or difficult obstacles and look for ways to improve results.
- Initiative to actively seek new knowledge and improve skills.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Effective interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals, strengthening relationships to achieve win-win solutions.
- Ability to communicate complex situations clearly and simply by listening actively and conveying difficult messages in a positive manner.
- Ability to write effectively, communicating complex messages or requirements clearly, simply, and concisely.
- A passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand and assimilate different points of view
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.