Service and Operations RBWM
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the largest and leading international bank in the Canada, with assets of US$2,522bn as at 31 December, 2017. HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,900 offices in 67 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa
We help companies and individuals across Canada to manage their finances through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
It's this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired and collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures.
About Retail Banking & Wealth Management
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide, helping them manage their day – to day finances and save for the future. We also connect institutional and retail clients with investment opportunities through our Global Asset Management division. We are committed to building long-term relationships with our customers, offering products and services to help them reach their goals and aspirations. We continue to exponentially grow our market share in Canada year on year.
Key Objectives for Operations Risk and Administration Associate:
- Handle client's enquiries relating to the PRM's portfolio in a positive, timely, and appropriate manner. Aim to resolve the customer's queries at the first point of contact and minimise referrals to the PRM for routine transactions.
- Has strong knowledge of the PRM's portfolio of clients with the support of CRMS and analytical tools
- Proactively responds to client in face-to-face and/or telephone settings, updating client profile screens with details of client contact
- Maintains a basic understanding and technical knowledge of relevant products and services
- Support PRMs to execute suitable solutions for product areas responsible for with clients to fulfill their needs and ensure efficient follow up
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
- Communicate effectively and works well with other teams within the Branch, Call Center, HTS, and other relevant partners that impact the client's experience of HSBC; in order to ensure a consistent approach and application of Premier standards
- Efficiently manages time in order to support different PRMs concurrently
- Proactively identifies opportunities/issues and provides feedback to branch management and HTS to improve products and service processes
- Delivering the firm - Put the client at the heart of our business and deliver joined up services and solutions aligned to customer needs.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Ensure all processes and procedures are accurate and in accordance with HSBC Bank policy standards and regulatory requirements
- Comply with local regulations in all aspects of strategy, sales processes, client correspondence, financial promotions, administration, and complaint handling
- Adhere to all relevant processes and procedures of the Group Compliance Policy and internal controls
- Achieve the operational standards for the business and work within agreed procedures and guidelines - displaying high levels of integrity at all times
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal and empathy skills with strong decision making and ability to deliver
- Secondary school graduation required, University / College degree perferred
- Completition of required HSBC Business School courses
- Minimum of two years working in financial services industry
- Previous experience in Retail/Premier sales preferred
- Understanding of core products, Premier proposition, and familiar with retail and wealth product processes
- Undesrtanding of relationship management systems (CRM and RM Platform etc.)
- Solid knowledge of appropriate branch operational procedures
- Money Laundering Awareness Certificate held
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory governance in market
- Good knowledge of HSBC and personal banking
- Knowledge of the Bank's lending systems such as CARM, CLM & Security Processing, when applicable to the markets
- Team player with collaborative skills
- Knowledge of local and Group compliance regulations
- Able to deliver the client experience and needs-based solutions through effective communication, influencing, and sales skills
- Willing to be mobile in local community
- Ability to use Word and Excel
- Understands/ speaks second language is an asset
- Attain appropriate professional and regulatory qualifications as required by market Mutual Fund Licensing. Requires Completion of:
- Investment Funds in Canada Course; or Canadian Investment Funds Course; or Canadian Securities
- Course; and
- Mutual Fund Skills Builders Course
- Have an understanding of the immediate regional Global Wealth Strategy and the ability to plan own activities accordingly
- Ambitious about providing the highest standards of delivery to colleagues and clients
- Demonstrates ability to set stretch goals for self and the ability to deliver these with courage and tenacity
- Authentic and shows ability to engage with colleagues and clients to deliver at pace
- Makes considered decisions that protect HSBC and our clients
In 2017, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the Best 50 Corporate Citizens by Corporate Knights magazine, in addition to The World's Best Bank by Euromoney Magazine in its annual Awards for Excellence.
Join HSBC, and benefit from the following:
Career Development: Within your current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
International Connectivity and impact: Build global relationships and be a part of international initiatives
A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make