Sales Service Manager
Global Vision. Local Focus.
Things really are different here. A career with HSBC in Canada is truly an experience that few financial service organisations can match. Here you will find yourself inspired and supported by colleagues whose daily responsibilities cross time zones, continents and cultures. You will be motivated to aim for your highest aspirations, and enjoy the rewards of belonging to a diverse and growth-driven culture.
Canada is a priority market for HSBC. We remain focused on growing customers locally with our unique products, and we offer a full suite of solutions developed from our global connectivity and network. HSBC has the institutional strength, capacity and commitment to support our Canadian client's requirements here and around the world. Employees who thrive at HSBC are service focused, entrepreneurial and driven. They show collaborative spirit and a quest for continuous improvement, while having the industry expertise and business acumen to deliver.
About Retail Banking & Wealth Management
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide through our branch network, call centres, and digital and mobile banking. We also connect institutional and retail clients with investment opportunities through our Global Asset Management division.
A Day in the Life of a Sales Service Manager include the following:
- To lead and manage the execution of the multi-channel strategy for a medium sized sales function or a small branch where the roles are varied in nature.
- Foster and develop a customer centric culture within branch and / or functional area, in line with PFS Strategy.
- Fully understands broad customer needs.
- Act as first level escalation for most complex customer inquiries.
- Model superior and courteous service to promote products and expand customer relationships.
- Develop and maintain an active community profile.
- Ensure customer expectations are exceeded in terms of speed, efficiency, certainty and professionalism, either face to face or through an alternate channel.
- Provide a consistent customer experience across distribution channels, share learning's and ensure resources are appropriately deployed to deliver a sustainable cost platform.
- Ensure branch or work area is maintained in accordance with HSBC standards.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
- Lead a team-based approach in anticipating and managing customer needs.
- Provide open access for employees and customers to build rapport, discuss issues, and resolve concerns.
- Build the capabilities of the team to enhance their ability to achieve financial and operating strategy.
- Hire appropriately, leverages the talents of the team, identify potential leaders from the team, and take corrective action where necessary.
- Contribute and collaborate with colleagues to ensure the collective success of Retail Banking and Wealth Management strategy.
- Collaborate and co-operate with colleagues across the HSBC Canada to share best practice and ensure alignment of strategy within PFS.
- Participate and assist with all Bank promotional programs, sales targets and direct marketing initiatives.
- Participate in business development programs to enhance product knowledge and cross selling skills.
- Actively refer customers to other areas of HSBC where appropriate.
- Cultivate an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC values and brand.
Demonstrate Group capabilities
- Lead and develop an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Key to success in the role
- University / College degree or combination of equivalent education and experience in banking or related industry.
- 3 - 5 years of related work experience in sales / customer related roles.
- Mutual Fund Licensing.
Requires completion of:
- Investment Funds in Canada Course; Canadian Investment Funds Course; or Canadian Securities Course; and Mutual Fund Skills Builders Course
- Completion of HSBC Way of Selling.
- Completion of HSBC Premier Academy.
- Personal Financial Planning Designation (PFP); For Quebec only, ICB certificate of achievement – Advanced Personal Finance.
- Diplomatic problem solving skills to resolve issues within own functional area.
- Advanced communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to support the building of strong relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Excellent knowledge of HSBC's products / services and competitive environment.
- Complete knowledge of HSBC's policies, practices, and procedures within own area.
- Experience assisting with the performance management of direct reports through a performance management process.
- Demonstrable experience leading others.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with multiple deadlines.
- Aware of and understands how own area of the business performs (is profitable, conserves costs, etc.).
- Understanding of legislation and regulations as they apply to own area.
- Ability to speak / understand a second language is an asset.
- Willingness to relocate.
In 2016, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the "Best 50 Corporate Citizens" in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine for the fifth consecutive year.
Here are some of the reasons why:
Career Development: Within current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
International Connectivity: Opportunities build global relationships and professional networks
A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make
Learn more about HSBC
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the leading international bank in the country. We help companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. HSBC Global - one of the world's largest banking and financial services with assets of US$2,557bn at 30 September 2016. Linked by advanced technology, HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 4,400 offices in 71 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.