This job is no longer available.
Premium Support Officer
Employment Type: Regular
- To provide operational and administrative support and quality standards to the Personal Financial Services business. Overall nature of work is of low to moderate complexity.
Impact on the Business
- Provides efficient support through completion of routine and non-routine duties and tasks that are of low to moderate complexity in nature, either face-to-face or through an alternate channel.
- Completes administrative support, processing, operational, servicing and/or accounting related duties in support of assigned area.
- Resolves issues as required and refers problems to higher level when appropriate.
- Adheres to quality, compliance, regulatory and HSBC standards and follows established procedures and policies when completing tasks.
- Maintains appropriate records of activities; prepares daily worksheets and reports as necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely processing of all activities related to servicing and supporting activities of the assigned area.
- Provides customer service support either face-to-face or through an alternate channel as required by the business.
- Handles complaints and concerns where possible and appropriate and resolves and refers unusual problems to higher levels.
- Demonstrates a customer service attitude and may participate in sales campaigns and assisting with mining sales files, identifying sales opportunities and making referrals where appropriate.
- Other projects as required.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Exceeds expectations in terms of speed, certainty and efficiency of response.
- Identify and understand basic customer needs in order to complete transactions and resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
- Act as second level escalation for handling more complex issues as well as a referral point for signing authority and approvals.
- Maintain superior and courteous service to internal and external contacts.
- Ensure branch or work area is maintained in accordance with HSBC standards.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Promotes and contributes to team-based approach in completing tasks and meeting internal and external customer needs.
- Provide guidance to Operations Risk and Administration Associates, Personal Bankers and Premium Bankers.
- Participates in quality, regulatory and compliance training in order to meet performance targets.
- Promotes an environment that supports diversity.
- Demonstrates Group capabilities.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Work involves routine and non-routine duties or tasks and is completed under general supervision.
- Work is completed according to well-defined, established procedures involving limited independent judgment.
- Supervisor or manager provides direction for items exceeding assigned authority or unfamiliar situations.
- Decisions and quality of work have an impact on the functional area and / or customers.
- Role involves exposure to customers as well as external vendors and service providers.
- Role requires ability to effectively handle diverse operational matters and unanticipated events that are of low to moderate complexity.
- May work in call centre or branch environment where systems are available in meeting services quality objectives.
- May be required to work shifts outside of regular business hours.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- At least 6 months experience in related role.
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Team player and development minded.
- Strong communication (verbal and written), customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn and operate new software and technology.
- Detailed orientated with good time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of HSBC's products and services.
- Knowledge of HSBC's policies, practices, and procedures.
- Previous customer service / banking industry experience an asset.
- Ability to handle large volumes, tight turnarounds and multiple deadlines.
- Some experience with conflict resolution required.
- Ability to work independently.
- Understands / speaks second language is an asset.