Global Vision. Local Focus.
Things really are different here. A career with HSBC in Canada is truly an experience that few financial service organisations can match. Here you will find yourself inspired and supported by colleagues whose daily responsibilities cross time zones, continents and cultures. You will be motivated to aim for your highest aspirations, and enjoy the rewards of belonging to a diverse and growth-driven culture.
Canada is a priority market for HSBC. We remain focused on growing customers locally with our unique products, and we offer a full suite of solutions developed from our global connectivity and network. HSBC has the institutional strength, capacity and commitment to support our Canadian client's requirements here and around the world. Employees who thrive at HSBC are service focused, entrepreneurial and driven. They show collaborative spirit and a quest for continuous improvement, while having the industry expertise and business acumen to deliver.
About Retail Banking & Wealth Management
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide through our branch network, call centres, and digital and mobile banking. We also connect institutional and retail clients with investment opportunities through our Global Asset Management division.
A day in the life of a Premium Banker include the following:
The Premium Banker is responsible for developing and retaining relationships with existing customers. This will be achieved through the active management of portfolios and ensuring solutions continually meet customer's needs as well as exceeding customer expectations in terms of speed, efficiency and professionalism. The Premium Banker is also responsible for attracting new customers by understanding their financial needs and delivering high standards of service quality. This involves solicitation of client referrals and promotion of products and service offerings across multiple distribution channels. An integral part of this role is the identification of opportunities for wealth and credit reviews to optimize portfolio performance. The key to success is maintaining operational integrity in accordance with HSBC and regulatory standards in compliance. The Premium Banker will also support teller transactions and handle cash, as required.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
The key success to this role is someone who has the industry expertise and business acumen to deliver in accordance to HSBC's values.
The minimum requirements for this role is the following:
- University / College degree or combination of education and equivalent and related work experience.
- 2 - 3 years of experience in a customer facing role in the banking industry.
- Mutual Fund Licensing. Requires completion of: Investment Funds in Canada Course; Canadian Investment Funds Course; or Canadian Securities Course; and Mutual Fund Skills Builders Course.
- Working towards Personal Financial Planning Designation (PFP); For Quebec only, ICB certificate of achievement – Advanced Personal Finance.
- Aware of market conditions affecting their customer portfolios.
- Career minded with well-developed business development and relationship management skills.
- Proven ability to sell and meet set sales / performance targets in a sales role.
- Advanced communication and customer service skills.
- Cantonese and Mandarin speaking are required.
- Strong technical skills in wealth management.
- Strong sales orientation, networking and portfolio management skills.
- Sound knowledge of digital / online banking and sponsoring digital engagement for customers.
In 2016, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the "Best 50 Corporate Citizens" in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine for the fifth consecutive year.
Here are some of the reasons why:
Career Development: Within current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
International Connectivity: Opportunities build global relationships and professional networks
A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make
Learn more about HSBC
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the leading international bank in the country. We help companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. HSBC Group - one of the world's largest banking and financial services with assets of US$2,557bn at 30 September 2016. Linked by advanced technology, HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 4,400 offices in 71 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.