Global Vision. Local Focus.
Things really are different here. A career with HSBC in Canada is truly an experience that few financial service organisations can match. Here you will find yourself inspired and supported by colleagues whose daily responsibilities cross time zones, continents and cultures. You will be motivated to aim for your highest aspirations, and enjoy the rewards of belonging to a diverse and growth-driven culture.
Canada is a priority market for HSBC. We remain focused on growing customers locally with our unique products, and we offer a full suite of solutions developed from our global connectivity and network. HSBC has the institutional strength, capacity and commitment to support our Canadian client's requirements here and around the world. Employees who thrive at HSBC are service focused, entrepreneurial and driven. They show collaborative spirit and a quest for continuous improvement, while having the industry expertise and business acumen to deliver.
About Retail Banking & Wealth Management
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide through our branch network, call centres, and digital and mobile banking. We also connect institutional and retail clients with investment opportunities through our Global Asset Management division.
A Day in the Life of a Premier Officer include the following:
Supporting the front line customer facing staff who have immediate information/servicing needs related to bank procedures, products, propositions, general inquiries; Key bank support for all customer facing staff with Top Tier, Premier and Advance clients. The Premier Officer is responsible for owning the resolution of complex customer service issues to provide seamless support for front line customer facing staff members.
Accountable for providing outstanding service to internal customers; HSBC customer facing staff. Provides high quality operational, technical, procedural and compliance support across all propositions
- Provide high quality sales support to a team of Premier Relationship Managers (PRMs) mainly focused on getting appointment for PRMs and supporting PRMs in servicing their clients
- Reduce the time spent on process and administrative tasks by PRM to increase PRM's capacity
- Support PRMs to manage client contact and service, including, in the absence of PRMs, answering client calls, resolving client enquiries on transactional needs and facilitating a smooth hand-off to the correct channels where appropriate, and managing key event reminders to maintain active client contact
- Provide sales support to PRMs including preparing and completing sales documents, managing data input and report generation, and liaising with support functions to follow through client purchase process requirement
- Handle client's enquiries relating to the PRM's portfolio in a positive, timely, and appropriate manner. Aim to resolve the customer's queries at the first point of contact and minimise referrals to the PRM for routine transactions.
- Proactively responds to client in face-to-face and/or telephone settings, updating client profile screens with details of client contact.
- Maintains a basic understanding and technical knowledge of relevant products and services.
- Support PRMs to execute suitable solutions for product areas responsible for with clients to fulfill their needs and ensure efficient follow up.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets. Proactively help HSBC identify opportunity to improve process efficiencies
- Sensitively redirect clients to the most effective and efficient channel
- Support the client in navigating the channel of their choice (to interact with HSBC) effectively and efficiently
- Ensure the client consistently receives a professional premium service which exceeds their expectations at all times
Key to success in this role
- Prior experience in banking sales preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Cantonese and Mandarin language requirements (Written and Verbal)
- Secondary school graduation required, University / College degree preferred
- Minimum of two years working in financial services industry
- Understanding of core products, and familiar with retail and wealth product processes
- Understanding of relationship management systems (CRM and RM Platform etc.)
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory governance in market
- Team player and a good collaborator
- Knowledge of local and Group compliance regulations
- Able to deliver the client experience and needs-based solutions through effective communication, influencing, and sales skills
- Proficient in Microsoft suit
- Attain appropriate professional and regulatory qualifications as required by market Mutual Fund Licensing. Requires completions of Investment Funds in CA, CA Securities and Mutual Fund Skills Builders course.
In 2016, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the "Best 50 Corporate Citizens" in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine for the fifth consecutive year.
Here are some of the reasons why:
Career Development: Within current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
International Connectivity: Opportunities build global relationships and professional networks
A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make
Learn more about HSBC
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the leading international bank in the country. We help companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. HSBC Global - one of the world's largest banking and financial services with assets of US$2,557bn at 30 September 2016. Linked by advanced technology, HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 4,400 offices in 71 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.