Global Vision. Local Focus.
Things really are different here. A career with HSBC in Canada is truly an experience that few financial service organisations can match. Here you will find yourself inspired and supported by colleagues whose daily responsibilities cross time zones, continents and cultures. You will be motivated to aim for your highest aspirations, and enjoy the rewards of belonging to a diverse and growth-driven culture.
Canada is a priority market for HSBC. We remain focused on growing customers locally with our unique products, and we offer a full suite of solutions developed from our global connectivity and network. HSBC has the institutional strength, capacity and commitment to support our Canadian client's requirements here and around the world. Employees who thrive at HSBC are service focused, entrepreneurial and driven. They show collaborative spirit and a quest for continuous improvement, while having the industry expertise and business acumen to deliver.
About Retail Banking & Wealth Management
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide through our branch network, call centres, and digital and mobile banking. We also connect institutional and retail clients with investment opportunities through our Global Asset Management division.
A day in the life of a Personal Banker include the following:
- More than a Customer Service Representative or Teller, At HSBC the
- Personal Banker provides superior customer service, sales, operational administration, and risk controls to meet customer needs across multiple distribution channels.
- Perform a variety of sales and service activities to retail, mass affluent, high net worth and business banking customers, either face to face or through an alternate channel.
- Put emphasis on counter services, risk operation and control.
- Recognize opportunities by making referrals for client conversion, acquisition of new account relationships and or cross and up-sell of HSBC products and services that cross multiple distribution channels.
- Responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely processing of all activities.
- Ensure compliance, security and fraud, operational and system controls in accordance with HSBC regulatory standards and government regulations.
- Provide operational support as required.
- Identify and understand basic customer needs in order to exceed customer expectations to complete transactions with speed, efficiency and certainty.
- Act as first level escalation for handling customer inquiries.
- Maintain superior and courteous service to promote products and expand customer relationships.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
- Contribute to team-based approach in managing customer needs.
- Actively participate and assist with all Bank promotional programs, sales and direct marketing initiatives.
- Participate in business development programs within area of specialty to enhance product knowledge and cross selling skills.
- Adhere to operational policies and procedures and effectively identifies and manages applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
The key success to this role is someone who thrives working in highly complex environment and has the industry expertise, business acumen, and strong people leadership experience to deliver.
The minimum requirements for this role is as follows:
- Secondary school graduation.
- Demonstrated experience in banking or related industry in a customer service / client facing role.
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Team player, development minded with ability to sell.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to be mobile in local community.
- Ability to learn and operate new software and technology.
- Basic knowledge of Banking products and services.
- Ability to multi-task, handle large volumes, tight turnarounds and multiple deadlines.
- Experience with conflict resolution.
- Understand / speak second language is an asset.
In 2016, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the "Best 50 Corporate Citizens" in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine for the fifth consecutive year.
Here are some of the reasons why:
Career Development: Within current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
International Connectivity: Opportunities build global relationships and professional networks
A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make
Learn more about HSBC
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the leading international bank in the country. We help companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. HSBC Group - one of the world's largest banking and financial services with assets of US$2,557bn at 30 September 2016. Linked by advanced technology, HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 4,400 offices in 71 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.