Operations, Risk & Administration Associate
To provide operational and administrative support and quality standards to the RBWM business.
Impact on the Business
- Provides efficient support through completion of duties that are routine and straightforward in nature, either face-to-face or through an alternate channel.
- Completes basic administrative support, processing, operational, servicing and/or accounting related duties in support of assigned area.
- Act as custodian for cash, combinations, keys and negotiable securities as required and in accordance with established guidelines.
- Resolves issues as required and refers problems to higher level when appropriate.
- Adheres to quality, compliance, regulatory and HSBC standards and follows established procedures and policies when completing tasks.
- Maintains appropriate records of activities; prepares daily worksheets and reports as necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely processing of all activities related to servicing and supporting activities of the assigned area
- Provides quality customer service support either face-to-face or through an alternate channel as required by the business.
- Demonstrates a customer service attitude and may participate in sales campaigns and assisting with mining sales files, identifying sales opportunities and making referrals where appropriate.
- Other projects as required.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Meet expectations in terms of speed, certainty and efficiency of response.
- Identify and understand basic customer needs in order to complete transactions and resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
- Maintain superior and courteous service to internal and external contacts.
- Ensure branch or work area is maintained in accordance with HSBC standards.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Contributes to team-based approach in completing tasks and meeting internal and external customer needs.
- Participates in quality, regulatory and compliance training in order to meet performance targets.
- Demonstrates Group capabilities.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Role Context (The environment and operating conditions of the role including the extent of guidance and authority)
- Work involves routine or repetitive tasks under direct supervision.
- Work is completed according to well-defined, established procedures involving limited independent judgment.
- Supervisor provides direction for unfamiliar situations.
- Decisions and quality of work will have an impact on customers and / or functional area.
- Role involves some exposure to customers.
- May work in call center or branch environment where systems are available in meeting services quality objectives.
- May be required to work shifts outside of regular business hours.
- Authority Levels
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Secondary school graduation.
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Team player and development minded.
- Strong communication (verbal and written), customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn and operate new software and technology.
- Detailed orientated with good time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Previous customer service / banking industry experience an asset.
- Ability to handle large volumes, tight turnarounds and multiple deadlines.
- Some experience with conflict resolution required.
- Understands / speaks second language is an asset.