This job is no longer available.
Officer, Business Banking
Employment Type: Regular
- Servicing Support will provide BB relationship managed clients with a single point of contact for all BB client servicing and query resolution needs, completing requests that can be done at first resolution or handing them off to the relevant execution team where appropriate.
- They will work closely with the RM supporting delivery of a professional relationship management service to customers, prospective customers and professionals. The job holder is required to provide high quality service to his/her internal and external customers; taking ownership and completing all tasks in a timely manner This supports the bank's long-term strategy to lead business by establishing and maintaining long term relationships with businesses, treating customers fairly, identifying their needs, delivering solutions to meet those needs and providing an excellent customer service.
- This role will support more than 1 RM, some of whom may be remote.
Impact on the Business
- Receive and action direct account maintenance requests, including additional credit, debit and business card requests and limit amendments, account closer, minor amends to mandates for existing directors etc.
- Receive and coordinate non-NTB account opening, including deposit accounts, 2nd business accounts, FX accounts, Money Markets
- Coordinate in/outbound global account maintenance requests including mandate changes, collation of tariffs/account details and document management.
- Action customer queries if it can be done at first resolution for example statement requests, account transfers, payments (by exception only), SO/DD set-up & amendments and audit letter receipt and instruction. Or prioritising instructions for back office teams.
- Initiate and coordinate client and RM investigations, including complaints, charges and payments
- Respond to customer queries, including FX rate requests, status updates
- Screen and quality assure client documentation before forwarding to SD or 3rd parties for execution
Customers / Stakeholders
- Manage all aspects of client enquiry.
- To treat customers fairly in all aspects of communication.
- Maintaining excellent communication with Group colleagues to ensure a joined up approach to identifying, analyzing and resolving issues
- Acting as the vital point of contact for clients and liaising with colleagues in the Centres, Case Management and GSD on administrative duties.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Work as an integrated member of the team
- Work with colleagues and relevant departments as appropriate to ensure that all documents are processed in a timely manner
- Work in partnership with colleagues across the HSBC network to deliver exceptional standards and quality of service
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Adhere to structures and processes in place for the management of credit, operational, reputation and regulatory risk.
- Ensure credit and operational quality is not compromised in the pursuit of income
- Ensure operational losses and fraud are minimised
- Respond within agreed timelines to issues raised by audit and external regulators.
- Ensure timely and accurate maintenance of customer information.
- Help to resolve any/all identified issues promptly, and escalate concerns to management as appropriate to ensure timely awareness of any material concerns.
- Maintain and observe all HSBC control standards and implement and observe the Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators.
- Maintain awareness of operational risk within assigned portfolio and minimise the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting.
- Protect sensitive customer and bank information by ensuring documents, computers, files, and all confidential matters are appropriately handled as set forth by policy.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Operate effectively and efficiently under pressure and time constraints.
- Help to manage and grow existing portfolio of customers whilst seeking to drive new business.
- Seek to exceed customer expectations in delivery of products & services.
- Constantly evaluate customer banking practices and trends in the market place
- Against an increasing competitive backdrop, the Business Banking segment of CMB seeks to grow value, through the acquisition of quality customers, retention of quality customers and by improving the average return per customer. It is known that customers who generate international product income streams are more valuable to the bank.
- The Group has a strategic objective to be the 'Leading International Business' which builds on our global network, recognizes the increasing globalization of the world's economy and the increased value of international customers. Our group capabilities, coupled with our understanding of local markets and cultures worldwide, help us deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of HSBC customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization. They will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology. Additionally they will ensure they effectively manage sales suitability, money laundering, counter terrorist financing, fraud, and reputational risk.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring; additionally by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by following relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Local Compliance Officer. The term 'compliance' embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- Bachelor's degree or minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
- Understanding of risk management
- Some understanding of credit
- Analytical and financial skills.
- Ability to work without constant direction
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of commercial customers
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Qualifications and/or training courses
- Commercial awareness, including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues.
- Working knowledge of CMB's international proposition / product capabilities
- Working knowledge of HSBC Group capabilities