Analyst, Client Management- Client Management Group
Employment Type: Regular
- Banking Middle Office is responsible for supporting Global Banking Relationship Managers in global client onboarding and the on-going management & oversight of due diligence activities through the full client lifecycle with HSBC on behalf of Global Banking & Markets both as a customer group and product provider.
- The Banking Middle Office Client Management function plays a central role in managing client onboarding for GBM. Client Managers works closely with Global Banking Relationship Managers and KYC Services to ensure all requisite information needed to support onboarding / renewal activities are gathered from the client consistently and efficiently.
- The role of the Client Management Support is to assist the Client Managers with administrative and operational tasks associated with the onboarding process, completing requests that can be done or handing them off to the relevant execution team where appropriate.
- Key focus is on account opening, static and entity data maintenance, sourcing of information and document management and running reports. Key activities include:
- Assisting Banking Middle Office Client Managers and CMDD in setting up cases onto the Workflow platform or similar Case Management system
- Manage all operational aspects of onboarding– includes enrichment of cases, sourcing of key information/documents from multiple locations, cross checking documents and the management of key artefacts
- Carrying out the necessary regulatory reviews in-line with local regulations and as directed by Compliance/Policy implementation
- Manage the end-to-end account opening process for all clients – key request types includes: onboarding of new entities, Account Maintenance, sub/secondary accounts, static/entity data changes, Traded Market Documentation requests
- Providing support to Client Managers and CMDD in coordinating renewals
- Engaging with Client Managers to discuss specific cases and provide advice / guidance on the approach around resolution on overdue / problematic cases.
- Generate ad-hoc and periodical reports
- To keep up to date with the latest internal procedural / policy changes
- To maintain core standards of behavior at all times
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
Impact on the Business
- Coordination of all Onboarding and Client Maintenance requests on behalf of Banking Middle Office Client Management for new to Bank and existing clients
- Work closely with Banking Middle Office Client Managers to capture requirements for new requests
- Supporting Banking Middle Office Client Managers with a selection of pre-onboarding tasks – includes the generation of key data and system extracts to support the client selection and decisioning process
- Responsible for ensuring all required information is available to ensure the smooth completion of the request, understanding what information will be required by all downstream functions to support the end to end process
- Work closely with the Banking Middle Office Client Managers and understanding Coverage Sector priorities and ensuring onboarding cases are prioritized accordingly and queries resolved within agreed timeframes.
- Be the operational point of contact for the Banking Middle Office Client Managers and provide support with outgoing communications to clients and interested stakeholders
- Accountable for ensuring all required steps in the onboarding process have been undertaken and that all relevant controls have been adhered to
- Take ownership for end to end process of client onboarding process ensuring the client is on-boarded in a timely manner and streamlined manner, also providing regular status updates to Sales / RM / external clients; key responsibilities includes:
- Management of the Workflow or other tools
- The coordination of Account and sub-account opening
- Coordination of Traded Market Documentation Only (TMDO) requests
- Enabling the reactivation of Account
- The generation of Customer Identifiers (where required, liaising with Entity Maintenance to request Entity Record creation/updates)
- Managing Static Data Maintenance request
- The generation of the standard onboarding communication pack – liaising with key onboarding teams to identify information to support the onboard
- Sourcing the required information/Documents from various sources
- Regulatory assessments and compliance name checking
- Supporting account closures and exits (conducting account discovery, liaising with product teams and Ops
- Facilitation of account set-up or engagement with product teams, preparing accounts based on direction given by the Client Manager in line with the products being requested
- Highlight problems / blockages and use initiative to suggest ideas to change and improve processes.
- Strong emphasis on the maintenance of an effective and rigid control environment ensuring quality and adherence is never compromised.
- Requirement to provide accurate / regular status updates to the business in terms of on-boarding requests and other related issues / events.
- Adhering to all service level agreements and metric requirements at all times
- Take charge for associated administrative tasks (system updates etc.) Complete other related duties as required.
- Strive to become subject matter expert in all aspects of client onboarding process (e.g. KYCS, Regulatory framework, Legal documentation, Ops Ref Data etc.)
- Be a positive and reliable representative of the Client Management sector team.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Act as a central point of contact between the Client Manager and the onboarding functions, ensuring an efficient and effective communication is in place between the onboarding functional teams (KYCS, Credit Analysis Unit, etc.)
- Work closely with Client Managers to understand the urgency, priority and sensitivity of onboarding requests
- Requirement to provide accurate / regular status reports and MI to the business and other stakeholders
- Communicate effectively to stakeholders for any item raised from case checking
- Perform research via internal and external sources, gather and analyze documentation in accordance with KYC requirements
Leadership & Teamwork
- Proactively providing support to the Client Managers with administrative and onboarding support tasks
- Lead by example by ensuring own cases are managed appropriately and also providing guidance to junior colleagues where applicable.
- Provide support and guidance to respective peer group in order to meet onboarding and renewals objectives.
- Liaise with Onboarding functional teams/Product Partners as needed and provide advice on onboarding requirements
- Support the Banking Middle Office Change program
- Respond effectively to any relevant "ad hoc" requests for assistance from colleagues and the business
- Take ownership for tasks as assigned and ensure accurate and timely completion
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Accountable for ensuring the correct information is available to facilitate the whole onboarding process and that the information is managed in-line with local data regulations
- Evaluate the agreed Service Levels relating to client onboarding/CDD Renewals or services provided by the Banking Middle Office and ensure these are understood across all functions and any external service providers
- Provide reports which capture cases statuses and assesses these against the onboarding standards, clearly articulating risks or issues against meeting the agreed service levels
- Highlight problems areas and blockages and use initiative to suggest ideas to change and improve processes.
- Strong emphasis on the maintenance of an effective and rigid control environment ensuring quality and adherence is never compromised.
- Support onboarding delivery teams to build alignment to the standards and to introduce the required controls and measures
- Adhere strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC and regulatory standards, policies and practices – at the agreed standards. Where applicable, report control weaknesses, compliance breaches and operational loss events.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant internal instructions (FIMs, GSMs, circulars) and external regulatory requirements, including the management of operational risk and adherence to the Group's standards of ethical behaviour
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Where possible, Client Management Support should be sector aligned – the exact setup of the organisation will be driven by the structure of the Front Office, business volume and any regulatory concerns
- Working effectively with key stakeholders using strong influencing skills to ensure mutually satisfactory resolution of key issues against extremely tight deadlines and aggressive regulatory expectations.
- Cultivate effective and credible relationships with internal stakeholders in order to expedite onboarding process.
- Working in a pressurized, time-sensitive environment.
- Ensure KYC due diligence reviews are undertaken to the required quality and detail, on a timely basis.
- Exercises powers of influence in order to ensure internal functions / dependencies understand case requirements, subsequent priorities and deliver to PLAs.
- Proposing changes to tasks and activities that will assist in streamlining the end to end onboarding process and allowing for efficiency gains whilst still ensuring that risk mitigants are in place
- The role plays a key part in joining together the priorities and requirements of the business with the availability of internal and external service providers The role holder will have to build deep knowledge about the sector which they are supporting and work closely with the functional delivery teams to ensure priorities are aligned with resource availability and ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Largely manage own daily workload (with support from line manager) and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Steep learning curve to become familiar with HSBC's internal systems, databases and onboarding processes
- Opportunity to become familiar with regulatory framework and all requirements to fully onboard a client (e.g. KYCS, AML, Documentation.
- Credit Services, Account Maintenance etc.) Banking Middle Office's core objective is to provide customer groups with a single, global on-boarding / account maintenance service and to deliver high-quality client service, robust client diligence, process excellence and standardization across each on-boarding function from one integrated global team.
- Working in a dynamic, pressurized, time-sensitive environment, where there will be frequent interaction with internal stakeholders and demanding / advanced external clients.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Increased focus and oversight must be placed on any manual process and exceptions to policy.
- Product knowledge expertise – across the onboarding functions – must be displayed and utilized to ensure the on-boarding process is complete, accurate and timely.
- To abide by the Group Compliance Policy by containing compliance risk in conjunction with the relevant Compliance Department. The term compliance embraces all relevant laws, rules and codes with which the business has to apply.
- To continually re-assess the operational risks inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures, management restructures, and the impact of new technology in conjunction with the donor Group companies.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
Knowledge and skills
- AML qualification and or post graduate Compliance degree is an advantage
- KYC or Client Due Diligence experience will enhance the candidates profile for this role,
- Thorough understanding of legal structures of various client types including financial institutions, corporate organisations, funds, SPVs etc.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Proficiency in using MS Office software is essential, particularly MS excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Good understanding of Lexis-Nexis, World-Check, Banker's Almanac, Bloomberg and other data sources used in the AML world.*
- Good product knowledge (Global Markets)
- Good abilities in use of internet search engines
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) and a local language for location where English is not the preferred Business Language
- Solid 2- 3 years of work experience minimum (in Investment Bank environment) within financial services industry
- Strong business knowledge and a working knowledge of onboarding and the products that are utilised but with the ability to gather SME's when required to fill the skill gaps; Strong knowledge of the regulatory requirements
- Commercially aware – understands the drivers behind the on-boarding requirement and the value to the bank of what is being requested and uses this knowledge to proactively manage the prioritisation, enabling function to align and deliver their activities
- Proven business and operational experience with sound knowledge of a wide range of fund/corporate structures. Experience in risk management field, and proven experience in supporting the development of business activities whilst robustly applying risk management disciplines and controls
Essential qualities and behaviours
- Enhanced inter-personal skills and the ability to handle conflict and manage expectations. Demonstrate high energy; be PRO-ACTIVE, strong desire to learn more a must
- Results focused individuals – driving the customer outcomes based on knowledge of the client outcomes and with expertise of the onboarding process
- Strong organisation skills, able to manage a large number of activities at any one time; able to internalise activity in order to manage the complexity
- Diligent, organized and responsive work style
- Reliable and enthusiastic 'can-do' personality
- Regular feedback to interested parties regarding requests is necessary to
- Ownership for the customer outcome – task focused but able to hold onto the required outcomes through the management of the individual tasks
- Ability to work well under pressure with high degree of accuracy
- While this is a plus, it is not a requirement. The individual's character, bearing and track record of sustained success in a customer facing, service delivery environment are of utmost interest.