HSBC Commercial Banking Global Graduate Programme
Commercial Banking, Global Graduate Programme
WHO WE ARE
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world.
HSBC AND YOU
We are looking for forward-thinking, driven and perceptive graduates who will become the future leaders of HSBC.
This programme appeals particularly to individuals who are self-starters, highly driven, passionate about growing commercial business and have high levels of integrity.
Over 18- 24 months, you’ll gain broad experience of some of the following areas:
- Relationship Management, where you’ll learn how we connect with businesses of all sizes.
- Global Trade and Receivables Finance (GTRF), where you’ll gain an understanding of how we provide the services and financing our clients need throughout the trade cycle.
- Global Liquidity and Cash Management (GLCM), were you’ll experience how we help clients manage their liquidity to ensure they make their cash work hard for their businesses.
- Risk & Compliance, where you’ll gain a detailed understanding of the “Protect” agenda within the organization.
This will be backed up with a wealth of training and development opportunities, including support to study for a professional qualification, a graduate buddy, a dedicated programme manager and access to senior business leaders through regular development events. In this way, you will learn about client satisfaction, the impact of governance and risk management, you’ll work on key products and have the chance to oversee business projects.
On completion, you’ll be ready to move into a challenging relationship-led or specialist role:
On the Relationship Management stream, you could move on to managing your own portfolio of Business Banking customers or supporting Relationship Managers who meet the needs of our Corporate Banking customers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Achieve a technical understanding In Commercial Banking, its products, solutions, systems and procedures
- Develop communication, negotiation, influencing and presentation skills working as a part of the Commercial Banking Team
- Build project management skills, including prioritisation and time management, understand strategic context and develop confidence around senior managers
- Analysis of financial and non-financial information, taking into account the economic and regulatory environment in your analysis
- Take responsibility for tracking and recording customer information, preparing standardised reports
- Ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- You will have graduated with an undergraduate or post graduate Degree in or before June 2021. You will have achieved or will be on track to achieve a Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or overseas equivalent upon graduation. Be fluent in English and French. Be legally permitted to work in Canada.
- Be available to undertake the travel required for this role, i.e. you will be required to relocate across Canada based upon placement opportunities, commitment to being nationally mobile in this role is essential.
- Have consistently achieved objectives set for you and taken action to improve your own performance.
Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis - please apply directly on company website: