The primary responsibility of the Instructional Designer will be to research, analyze, recommend, design and develop integrated, comprehensive training solutions for various delivery channels (Instructor Led, e-Learning, or Self-Directed), implement learning solutions, evaluate learning and program effectiveness.
The Instructional Designer will work closely with Subject Matter Experts and key functional areas within appropriate brand teams (Honda, Acura, MCPE) and/or division (Sales or Service Operations), as well as various stakeholders and Product Planning, in order to ensure that deliverables meet all defined standards of quality and effectiveness, and provide continuity throughout the end-to-end process.
- Design, develop and implement virtual learning, e-Learning, job aids, reference guides and classroom training related materials.
- Responsible for project management and leading training activities with vendor partners.
- Responsible for consulting with internal clients, subject matter experts and other stakeholders to understand learning needs and define success measures.
- Maintain existing training courses and materials.
- Support the launch of project implementations including tasks not found in a traditional Instructional Designer role (product photography, dealership visits, event coordination, etc.).
- Facilitate and lead Pilot training and Train-the-Trainer sessions for various programs.
- Work with other instructional designers, sales & service trainers to ensure effective communication of issues, needs, problems and opportunities.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
- College diploma or University degree preferably with Adult Learning & Education or psychology preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience designing and managing the development of web-based, classroom, or virtual learning based training.
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems is required.
- Knowledge and application of adult learning theory, training needs analysis, instructional design, information design, training methodologies, learning technologies and measurement strategies.
- Course Development software experience (e.g. Articulate Storyline, Captivate, Camtasia, Photoshop, and PowerPoint).
- Must have strong project management skills and ability to meet project quality expectations within schedule commitments.
- Experience in technical writing, and or training facilitation considered an asset.
- Current knowledge of emerging and progressive content design techniques and strategies is a definite asset.
- Passion for the automotive or power sports industry is a must while experience in either is preferred.
Honda Canada Inc. is committed to providing accommodation in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, upon request. The accommodation will take into account the applicant's accessibility needs.
If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (905)888-4331.