SCOPE OF POSITION
The incumbent will work within Honda Canada's Account Services department and will report to the Supervisor, Account Services. The Collector acts in the capacity of trusted advisor to Customers by providing payment solutions and options to resolve past due accounts and minimize loss for HCFI.
Support Collections phone Queue & Service (Compressed Summer Week, Holidays).
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain corporate objectives pertaining to delinquency and losses.
- Maintain updated documentation of all communication with customers by entering notes in CASS system, utilizing its capabilities to ensure timely follow up.
- Resolve payment discrepancies including, but not limited to: Missed and outstanding payments, NSF refund requests, misapplied payments, due date changes, retail payment deferrals and small balance waivers.
- Follow up on early and mid-delinquency accounts
- Support inbound Collection phone queues and make outbound calls to customers as necessary
- Process payments in CASS System
- Coordinate between customers, dealers, and internal stakeholders when customers wish to voluntarily surrender their leased/financed vehicle
POSITION PROFILE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College/university education preferred, in related discipline
- Good communicator
- Positive attitude
- Technically grounded in MS Office
- Bilingual French (written/verbal) is a must
- Must be available to work between the hours of 8:00am to 8:00pm, Monday to Friday
- Develops and maintains good working relationships and all members of the team
- Develops and maintains good working relationships within Honda Canada as well as all other internal and external stakeholders
- Enjoys team-building approach of management and department - shares results
Honda Canada Inc. is committed to providing accommodation in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, upon request. The accommodation will take into account the applicant's accessibility needs.