Member Services Coordinator
Homestarts Incorporated is a non-profit, community-based organization. Founded in 1975, we offer management, maintenance, consulting and development services to housing co-operatives and non-profit housing groups. Currently, we provide services to over 90 Co-op and non-profit clients located in cities throughout Ontario.
We are currently looking for a Housing Coordinator to work part-time at one or more housing co-operatives in Sudbury. The position will be 3 days per week. Some evening and occasional weekend work will also be required in this position for board and member meetings. Experience in Co-operative / Non-profit Housing is desirable, including:
- property management
- contractor supervision
- marketing of vacant units
- diffusing volatile situations
- financial management
- rent-geared-to-income subsidy administration
- community development, governance and organization
- working with a volunteer board of directors
- celebrating diversity
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Prior supervisory experience
- Mandatory skills and experience in asset, property and project management
- Prior experience with Board and committee support, including meeting facilitation
- Must be able to work independently within a team environment - the ability to consult is well received
- Ability to prioritize and handle stress in an extremely busy environment
- Strong multi-tasking ability
- Proficient with computer software programs including Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet (Min. keyboarding of 50 wpm)
- Experience in the NewViews, Yardi, HMWorx software programs an asset
Someone with no experience in the Co-operative Housing Sector will be considered provided there are transferable skills with all the above criteria along with a compatible work and educational background, including property management, working with Boards of Directors, etc.
Note: A satisfactory police check is a condition of employment
Homestarts is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
PLEASE NOTE: Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE JOB #401 IN YOUR SUBJECT LINE
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO HR@homestarts.org