Respite Supervisor (5 Month Contract Position)
We are currently seeking three Respite Supervisors for days/afternoons and overnights.
Mission Statement: Homes First Society develops and provides affordable, stable housing and support services to break the cycle of homelessness for people with the fewest housing options.
Submit Your Resume to: Homes First Society, 90 Shuter St, 2nd Floor Attention: Human Resources, Fax 416-214-1873
or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
No Phone Calls Please
- Supervise a unionized workforce within the context of the Collective Agreement.
- Provide case management expertise and support to Shelter Staff
- Provide brief crisis counseling, information and referrals for applicants who cannot be placed immediately
- Develop and implement programs focused on the optimization and continuous improvement of the performances and practices
- Manage employee performance and perform necessary administrative duties such as vacation planning, timekeeping, performance reviews, etc.
- Implement and maintain a system for collecting relevant statistics needed for evaluations report and funding proposals
- Manage city operated database, case management system and billing system
- Ensure effective communications with other departments within Homes First Society as well as with external agencies
- Prioritize and assign shift responsibilities and duties to team members
- Develop individualized case plans with designated participants and help participants achieve their goals
- Ensure that all documentation is completed to agency standards
- Be able to work occasional weekends and/or evenings, when required
- Be able to fulfill any element of Shelter Staff job description on an as needed basis
- Be willing and able to carry 24 hour emergency pager on rotation
- Post-secondary education in related field or equivalent in education and experience
- At least 5 years’ experience working with people who are homeless, under-housed and dealing with addictions and mental illness
- Demonstrated experience performing assessment, advocacy, referral and case management functions and ability to effectively prioritize work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills
- Supervisory experience in a unionized setting an asset
- Knowledge of relevant laws, standards and guidelines; including the Ontario Landlord and Tenant Act and Residential Tenancies Act
- Knowledge of resources and services available in the community
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution and organization skills
- Certificates in First Aid, CPR, Crisis Prevention and Intervention an asset
The successful candidate will be required to work where smoking is present.
The successful applicant must provide a criminal record check that is satisfactory to Homes First Society
Homes First Society is an equal opportunity employer.