Relief Community Housing Worker
We are a non-profit Agency providing housing and support to people who have experienced chronic homelessness. We are currently seeking Relief Community Housing Workers for several sites. Relief Community Housing Workers work on an as-needed basis, earning $20.09 per hour, plus shift premiums for weekends, overnights and evenings. Due to the nature of the work, applicants must be available to work a variety of shifts including weekdays, evenings, weekends and holidays, often on short notice.
- Provide support to tenants living in our housing or hostels who face challenges including poverty, mental health, addictions, abuse and social isolation.
- Provide support in the areas of basic life management skills, accessing resources for health and well-being, assertive communication, goal setting, giving and receiving feedback, self-esteem, conflict resolution, problem solving and managing change.
- Fully participate in the day-to-day operations of the facility.
- Post secondary education in related field or equivalent in education and experience.
- Previous experience working with people who are homeless and/or under-housed.
- Knowledge of relevant laws, standards and guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of our tenant population, diversity issues, anti-discrimination practices and systemic reasons for homelessness.
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution and organization skills.
- Certificates in First Aid, CPR, Crisis Prevention and Intervention an asset.
Working in an environment where there may be smoke is required.
The successful applicant must provide a criminal record check that is satisfactory to Homes First Society within the first month of employment.
Homes First Society is an equal opportunity employer
Email: email@example.com, quoting R2018. Please no phone calls, only those people selected for interviews will be contacted.