Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation is the largest foundation in Canada dedicated to supporting childhood disability. Established in 1996 to inspire community interest and raise funds in support of Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital, our focus is to improve the quality of life for children with disabilities. Located within the Hospital in Toronto, the Foundation has a staff of 23 full time professionals.
Thanks to generous donors, our Foundation raises over $10 million dollars annually for Holland Bloorview and supports the areas of research, quality of life programming, capacity building and client and family-centred care. It’s an exciting time at the Holland Bloorview Foundation as our team has embarked on our next chapter with fresh strategies to inspire community interest and raise funds to help Holland Bloorview create a world of possibilities for kids with disabilities.
Capes for Kids supports Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital. From March 4-10, 2019, hundreds of people will join together and unleash their inner superhero by putting on a cape and raising money to help kids move, speak, play and lead at Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital. Since its inception in 2017, Capes for Kids has raised over $1,000,000 for Holland Bloorview through a team of enthusiastic and dedicated families, individuals, businesses and schools who become heroes by fundraising and wearing their capes.
About the Campaign Coordinator role
Reporting to the Manager, Peer to Peer and Special Projects, the Coordinator will support marketing and fundraising activities for the Capes for Kids campaign. A member of the joint hospital/foundation Communications and Public Engagement team, the ideal candidate will bring organization, creativity, and a can-do attitude to the role.
- Provide administrative program support to the Manager, Peer to Peer and Special Projects, including managing incoming calls and e-mail inquiries, updating Raiser’s Edge entries and Artez database content, creating mailings, creating and updating volunteer rosters and other tracking materials, creating and circulating reports, and other administrative tasks as assigned
- Plan and execute Capes for Kids cape pick-ups including organizing and staffing cape pick up days, which will include evening and weekend time slots between February 1 and March 10, 2019 as well as an ongoing location inside the hospital during business hours
- As part of the Capes for Kids program staff, participate in the planning and execution of external events and activations and act as a shift leader
- Ensure that every fundraiser who has earned their cape knows how to get one through daily monitoring and email or phone followups
- Assist in other recruitment and stewardship activities for Capes for Kids as assigned
- Bachelor degree of diploma in marketing, advertising, event management, communications and/or public relations
- 1-3 years work or volunteer experience in a similar role
- Ability to manage multiple, often competing priorities in a fast-paced environment with tight timelines
- Excellent phone and email etiquette, customer service and communication skills
- Open to feedback, seeks additional information and clarification and acts upon recommendations and direction
- A confident self-starter with the ability to follow through on tasks with minimal supervision
- A strong team player with excellent judgement, interpersonal skills, resourcefulness and creativity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite of products and knowledge of a donor management system (Raiser’s Edge) preferred
All interested parties are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by 5pm on November 23rd to:
Subject line: Campaign Coordinator (Capes for Kids) + Your Name