Administrative Assistants work at our front reception desks and help support our various program with their administrative needs. The ideal candidate for this position enjoys working with the public, thrives in a multicultural environment and is capable of multi-tasking. This position earns $22.05 per hour. Weekly hours are not guaranteed and may vary greatly (from 7 up to 35 hours per week) as this position will be supplying for sick and vacation time.
- Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com attention Human Resources
- This posting will remain open until a qualified candidate is found.
No phone calls please, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the effective performance of assigned administrative and clerical functions.
- Manages the daily flow of information through the office front desk.
- Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls and either notify staff members or records and relays messages. Conducts visitors to proper offices and announces them.
- Schedules and books appointments for Walk in Clients for HMC Programs and services and reserves meeting rooms and/or audio and visual equipment for HMC programs.
- Types, files, and assembles a variety of documents including memos, letters, and reports.
- Prepares, copies and distributes marketing materials accordingly for HMC programs and or events
- Enhance and update the resource space at the reception.
- Sorts, records and distributes incoming and outgoing mail to appropriate persons.
- Keeps track of client and visitor traffic at office reception
- Oversees the smooth functioning of photocopier, printer, fax and other office equipment. Performs minor maintenance and orders supplies for program.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate staff are unavailable.
- Maintains front desk flyer stand and information boards and ensures program flyers, literature and materials are neat and up-to-date.
- Conducts surveys to determine overall client satisfaction with our programs or services
- Stays current and informed about HMC's programs and services to answer clients and public inquires.
- Prepares and maintains assigned records and reports.
- Maintaining effective business relations with clients, vendors, and other business professionals.
- Maintains effective working relationships with front line staff and with management.
- Other duties as required or assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- An understanding of and sensitivity to the unique experiences of newcomer families and the process of integration into a new society.
- Previous multi-stakeholder relations experience an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with clients, colleagues and key stakeholders.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle – the work will require working throughout Halton.
- A second language is an asset.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher.
- Strong customer service skills, strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task.
- Superior team work and interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Flexible to deal with changing demands of the job, including a varied work schedule.
- Ability to organize and plan, solid analytical, creative, and problem-solving abilities with project management skills an asset.
- Able to work well independently and handle all types of situations with diplomacy and politeness.
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
HMC values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our organization. If you need any accommodation during the interview process, please make your interviewer aware.