Residential Support Worker
At Griffin Centre: Everybody Counts! At Griffin Centre, we assist over 8,500 people each year to recognize their strengths, achieve their goals and improve their lives. Griffin Centre promotes positive change for vulnerable youth and adults with developmental disabilities and/or mental health challenges and their families. We are dedicated to delivering innovative services and developing creative partnerships that enhance lives and communities.
We offer: Competitive salaries, supplemental health benefits, pension plan, paid vacation and sick days, collaborative and inclusive work environment, and most of all, a chance to make a difference in the lives of vulnerable youth and adults.
Griffin Centre is currently hiring three full-time, permanent employees for the position of Residential Support Worker within one of our Adult Residential Programs located close to Elgin Mills Rd. and Yonge St. in Richmond Hill and two full-time, permanent employees within one of our Adult Residential Programs located close to Sheppard Ave. East and Don Mills Rd.
The residential program focuses on assessing the individuals’ needs and providing interventions that would support in their development of social and life skills while they live in a collaborative home environment.
The major responsibilities include:
- Ensure supportive, safe, and predictable environment through the establishment of routines and limits;
- Develop and implement a range of clinical interventions and programs based on individual client;
- Develop and implement assessments, goals, and treatment plans for assigned cases;
- Ensure communication of all pertinent client and program related information and events to other team members and members of the multi-disciplinary team including social worker, day program/school, and outside agencies;
- Work as an active participant of a multidisciplinary team;
- Work collaboratively in an intensive program, designed to develop an understanding of the individuals within the program, and how to best support them so that they can be transitioned into existing community based settings or to return home;
- Assume various administrative responsibilities in accordance with the operation of the residence (ie. maintain up-to-date case records, service reviews).
Preference will be given to an individual with knowledge and experience in supporting persons with a dual diagnosis and experience within the adult sector in the implementation of service plans, which are sensitive to and include the following: sexual orientation, ethno-racial needs, social and life skills as well as behavioural assessment and management techniques.
The position requires individuals to work on a rotating schedule (weekdays, weekends and holidays) during daytime and evening hours.
We are interested in candidates with the following qualifications:
- Child and Youth Worker, Social Services or Developmental Services Worker diploma, or equivalent education and experience;
- 2 or more years’ experience in a residential setting;
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of autism, dual diagnosis, and the impact on the clients and their families;
- Strong assessment and treatment planning skills;
- Personal resilience combined with a compassionate, insightful perspective fostering a steady commitment to clients whose emotional, behavioural and mental health profiles can be acutely troubled for extended periods;
- Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, including lifting, bending and prolonged standing as well as the ability to be trained in CPI (Crisis Prevention Institute) techniques;
- Ability to be flexible, resourceful and possess good time management skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of professional and community collateral partners;
- Possessing a valid ‘G’ class Ontario driver’s licence and fluency in French or a second language is advantageous.
If you have the above qualifications and are ready to make a difference, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, by February 14, 2019. In the subject line please quote file #5-19.
Griffin Centre offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in our recruitment process. If you are contacted by Griffin Centre regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation in the recruitment process.
We thank everyone for their interest but will only contact candidates selected for an interview.
GRIFFIN CENTRE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
WE VALUE DIVERSITY AND WELCOME APPLICANTS FROM ALL CULTURES, ABILITIES, AND SEXUAL AND GENDER IDENTITIES.