University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Data Coordinator in our Grand Challenges Canada Department.
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
Grand Challenges Canada (GCC) is seeking a Data Coordinator to play a critical role in supporting the Knowledge Management and Translation team, in managing, analyzing and sharing results, arising from the Bold Ideas with Big Impact® that GCC funds.
GCC is funded primarily by the Government of Canada and we fund innovators in low- and middle-income countries and Canada. The bold ideas we support integrate science and technology, social and business innovation – we call this Integrated Innovation®. We have a determined focus on results, and on saving and improving lives. GCC works closely with Global Affairs Canada, the Canadian Institutes of Health Research, and a global network of partners to bring successful innovations to scale, catalyzing sustainability and impact. The Data Coordinator will primarily support GCC’s largest portfolio, which focuses on Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (RMNCH) portfolio.
Under the direction of the Knowledge Manager, and working closely with the Knowledge Management and Translation Coordinator, and others on the Programs Team, the Data Coordinator will ensure efficient, high quality data management. The primary responsibility for this role will be entering, analyzing and managing data using GCC’s data management system to support the Knowledge Management and Translation team as they write reports, produce knowledge products and respond to information requests. Responsibilities may include:
• Ongoing data management, including data entry, updating and cleaning;
• Checking results that come in from innovators to ensure completeness and accuracy;
• Coordinating data among the Programs Team (i.e., gathering/verifying information and updates on innovations as the progress through the funding cycle);
• Report generation and data analysis;
• Supporting the creation of knowledge products, through data analysis and data visualization (i.e., developing graphs and other visual representations of results); and
• Ongoing assessment of GCC’s data management system to ensure continuous improvement and optimal use.
• Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline
• At minimum, one (1) year relevant work experience in data management, research/project coordination and/or grant administration
• Demonstrated proficiency with word-processing, database and spreadsheet software (including but not limited to the Microsoft Office suite)
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Highly detail oriented
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills; bilingual English/French an asset
• Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of relevant domains (e.g., innovation, global health, international development, social finance/impact investing)
• Experience working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, entrepreneurial environment
• Demonstrated commitment to impact; proactive, balancing planning and execution
• Highly developed interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work well independently and within a team
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply HERE. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.