Social Media Coordinator
Digital Communications, within the Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training and Skills Development, is looking for an experienced and innovative digital marketer to lead our robust and fast-paced social media program.
Our Social Media Coordinator will be able to deliver on complex and high-volume editorial calendars. They will be an engaging and creative storyteller, as well as a digital expert who keeps the organization current on social media trends and best practices.
OPS Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Anti-Racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy < https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-public-service-anti-racism-policy > and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint < https://www.ontario.ca/page/ops-inclusion-diversity-blueprint > pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code < http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/ontario-human-rights-code >. Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• coordinate the social media program aligned with the objectives of the Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training and Skills Development's Communications Branch by researching, creating and developing creative social media content, and providing advice and recommendations on social media approaches
• provide leadership to the Deputy Minister's Office and the Communications Branch in terms of innovation and cultural impact of social/digital media by analyzing information and activity on social media channels, assisting with issues management, tracking stakeholder trends, and identifying threats and opportunities
• support other communication activities for Digital Communications by participating in meetings with other program areas to discuss objectives, messages and target audiences, and developing web-based content for internal and external websites
How do I qualify?
Social media and digital marketing expertise:
• thorough understanding of the use of social media platforms, blogs, websites and other communication channels to achieve objectives
• knowledge of marketing and communications theory, methods, and techniques, as well as content management/development, social media publishing and the current and leading social/digital marketing trends
• knowledge of web page development, including HTML CSS, and W3C standards for web accessibility requirements
• knowledge of web and/or social media metrics to analyze results of social media initiatives
Communications knowledge and interpersonal skills:
• knowledge of research and writing techniques to develop content for web, social media and other communication channels
• communication and presentation skills to provide advice and recommendations and liaise with program staff
• interpersonal skills to collaborate with others, and participate in meetings to discuss objectives, messages and audiences
• writing and editing skills to research and write accurate, creative social media channel-specific content
• knowledge of Microsoft Suite programs in PC/Windows environment, user interfaces, browser compatibilities and search engine optimization to ensure optimal delivery of social media initiatives
• knowledge of personal computers, including word-processing, record-keeping, internet and email applications
• knowledge of software to support social media, graphics and photo/video processing and editing
Analytical and problem-solving skills:
• problem-solving skills to resolve quality and delivery issues
• analytical skills to analyze performance metrics for social media program and specific social media campaigns
• ability to identify sources of data, collect and compile information and assess/determine the most effective content
Planning and organizational skills:
• organizational skills to handle multiple projects simultaneously, and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• planning, project management and coordination skills to manage concurrent projects, and establish project plans, schedules and timelines
Salary Range: $1,313.75 - $1,551.97 Per Week
· 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months (with possible extension), 400 University Ave, Toronto, Toronto Region
· Less qualified applicants may be considered on an underfill basis.
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 184930, by Wednesday, August 17, 2022. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.