Member Growth Analyst
We have embarked on an ambitious strategic plan to grow the Girl Guide membership, support our volunteers and create new efficiencies across the country. This is an excellent time to join one of Canada’s most trusted youth serving charities. Come join our amazing team as we work together to achieve our vision “a better world, by girls”!
Do you have a love of big data and get excited at the prospect of diving into piles of it just waiting to be analyzed? Are you someone who loves tackling complex problems and challenges? Do you excel at creating dynamic presentations, dashboards, and reports to share and track data?
GGC is actively searching for a Member Growth Analyst.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading girl-driven organization in a role that is critical to the organization understanding and forecasting growth opportunities and measuring the success of a growth strategy.
This role reports to the Manager, Member Growth and Engagement and supports the Member Growth team in ensuring that the growth strategy is data driven in planning and evaluation of innovative and dynamic growth initiatives that will drive growth across the country. Most importantly, it contributes to a team that helps girls and women across the country to join an exciting movement that allows a girl to be everything she wants to be.
Target start date for this position will be January 2019.
The Member Growth Analyst will:
- Work with the Member Growth team to measure, track and analyze GGC’s membership numbers
- Gather and analyze data from Statistics Canada and other demographic data or research sources to identify opportunities for new acquisitions across the country
- Gather and analyze internal GGC data to identify areas for improvement for GGC’s retention strategy
- Gather, interpret and analyze data to prepare reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Design and maintain ongoing reports and dashboards to monitor growth
- Communicate data findings in visually engaging PowerPoint presentations
- Create a forecast cycle and use it for agile planning
- Actively work with the Marketing team to evaluate the effectiveness of acquisition marketing programs and monitor conversion rates of growth pilots
- In collaboration with the Member Growth and Marketing teams, evaluate the conversion rates and effectiveness of acquisition campaigns
- Provide input on data collection for GGC’s member database and identify demographic data needs
- Work with members of the IT team to design and run queries from a member database to gather and analyze internal data
- Provide decision support and execution assistance for key projects and leadership initiatives
- Work with the Member Services team to monitor trends in volunteerism for potential opportunities for growth
- Work with the Strategy team to monitor trends impacting girls in Canada for potential opportunities for growth
You are the model candidate if:
- You can effectively distill data into coherent analysis, insights and actionable recommendations in straight-forward and simple language
- You are adept at the interpretation of complex data to develop business cases
- You have exceptional data analysis and reporting skills
- You are analytical and have strong critical thinking skills
- You are a power user of PowerPoint, Excel and comfortable with the rest of the Microsoft Office suite
- You have some experience of reporting on web and email analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, Omniture, Exact Target, Luminate) from both an implementation/tagging and reporting perspective
- You have exceptional written and oral communication skills and a strong attention to detail
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and working in a fluid environment
- Presentation to internal contacts, up to senior management levels. This will include: - Ability to identify and track key project milestones (base-lining critical path) - Proactive ability to anticipate project risks and issues and ensure adequate mitigation is put in place to ensure delivery is not compromised - Ability to take initiative, champion a small or medium scope project from conception through to implementation and evaluation
- You have a passion for gathering and defining requirements for the Member Growth team’s work
- You are creative, curious and passionate about GGC’s future
- You are excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves and working to leverage the potential of over 76,000 girls and 20,000 volunteers to deliver on GGC’s mission “to be a catalyst for girls empowering girls”
- You embody the attributes of our core DNA – welcoming, imaginative, courageous and enthusiastic.
Does this sound like you? Then apply today.
Submit a cover letter and resume (as one file) with salary expectations by November 19, 2018 to:
Leisa McKenzie – Manager, People & Culture
Girl Guides of Canada – Guides du Canada
50 Merton Street, Toronto, Ontario M4S 1A3 E-mail HR@girlguides.ca
Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada (GGC) recognizes and values the richness of human diversity in its many forms, and therefore strives to ensure environments where girls and women from all walks of life, identities, and lived experiences feel a sense of belonging and can participate fully.
Upon request, Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada will make available reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process. Accommodation requests should be made in advance to Human Resources at HR@girlguides.ca.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.