Accounts Receivable Accountant (2)
Girl Guides of Canada (GGC) empowers every girl to be everything she wants to be.
We have embarked on an ambitious strategic plan to grow the Girl Guide membership, support our volunteers and create new efficiencies across the country. This is an excellent time to join one of Canada’s most trusted youth serving charities. Come join our amazing team as we work together to achieve our vision “a better world, by girls!”
We are currently seeking two (2) dynamic and effective Accounts Receivable Accountants who will manage the various receivable activities of the organization. The Accounts Receivable Accountant will establish a good working relationship and lines of communication with both external customers and internal and external staff.
The Accounts Receivable Accountant will:
- Manage the collection of all receivable balances.
- Prepare bank deposits, issue receipts, liaison with internal and external customers regarding accounts receivable and other general ledger accounting issues.
- Prepare various customer invoices, post receipts in ACCPAC A/R module and journal entries.
- Submit all receivable batches to Accounting Manager for review and General Ledger posting.
- Investigate any billing errors, rate disputes, short payments, etc., and work with the relevant parties to resolve issues timely.
- Prepare monthly Bank Reconciliation and review daily bank transactions.
- Reconcile monthly accounts receivable balance to general ledger balances.
- File all relevant documents after approval and processing.
- Code and post all receipts, including cheques, credit cards, donations and miscellaneous receipts.
- Enter relevant receivable journal entries to the general ledger after approval and prepare journal entries for approval by Accounting Manager
- Download daily online member registrations and reconcile to online payment merchant totals.
- Investigate variances and errors and follow up with Accounting Manager and Information Technology department.
- Allocate amounts due to National Office and Provincial Councils and assist in preparing monthly reconciliation and payment requisitions.
- Assist with Online Membership and Merchandising reconciliation.
- Respond to all telephone/email inquiries efficiently and professionally.
- Respond to queries from donors and customers.
- Provide back up support and assistance to other team members within the finance department and perform other duties as assigned.
You should apply if:
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- You have post-secondary education in Accounting and/or equivalent work experience.
- You have demonstrated understanding of revenue accruals, G/L reconciliations and experience in preparing journal entries.
- You are proficient with Accpac/ Sage 300, particularly with the A/R module.
- You are proficient with MSOffice Word, Excel, and other applications and have strong working knowledge of V-Lookups.
- You have great communication skills, both verbal and written, and excellent customer service skills with the ability to work well under pressure.
- You are a strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills with positive and proactive attitude.
- You can respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- You embody the attributes of our core DNA – welcoming, imaginative, courageous and enthusiastic.
- You are creative, curious and passionate about GGC's future
Does this sound like you? Then apply today.
This position will remain open until filled.
Submit a cover letter and resume (as one file) with salary expectations to:
Leisa McKenzie – Manager, People & Culture
Girl Guides of Canada – Guides du Canada
50 Merton Street, Toronto, Ontario M4S 1A3 E-mail HR@girlguides.ca
Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada (GGC) recognizes and values the richness of human diversity in its many forms, and therefore strives to ensure environments where girls and women from all walks of life, identities, and lived experiences feel a sense of belonging and can participate fully.
Upon request, Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada will make available reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process. Accommodation requests should be made in advance to People & Culture.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
TalentEgg will send your application to: HR@girlguides.ca