Fund Development Coordinator
This is a full time position. The Fund Development Coordinator will work in partnership with the Fraser Valley Health Care Foundation (FVHCF) Executive Director. This position provides leadership and support to the Hospitals, our communities, volunteers, faculty and other employees in identifying, researching, cultivating, developing and pursing funding for indentified needs within the Fraser Valley East regiona of the Fraser Health Authority.
The Fund Development Coordinator will implement the strategic approach to fundraising which will include managing annual events which include: Golf Tournament, Run For Mom, Health Forum, It’s A Wonderful Breakfast, Step Up, Dodge Ball, Gala and the creation of new events.
Plan fund development activities
- Collaborate with Executive Director and Resource Development Team to create a fund development plan which increases revenues to support the strategic direction of FVHCF
- Implement the fund development plans in accordance with ethical fundraising principles
- Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved
- Monitor trends in the community or region and adapt fundraising strategies as necessary
Organize fund development activities
- Create cultivation, solicitation and stewardship programs to engage donors and sponsors
- Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fund raising processes are carried out in a timely manner
- Oversee the planning and execution of special fundraising events as specified in the fund development plan to generate funds for the organization
- Identify and develop corporate, community and individual prospects for the organization's fundraising priorities
Staff fund development activities
- Engage volunteers for special fund development projects using established volunteer management practices
Manage fund development budget
- Develop and gain approval for an annual income and expenditure budget for the fund development program
- Prepare regular reports on progress, budgets, receipts and expenditure related to fundraising and the management of the fund development activities
- Monitor expenses and analyze budget reports on fund development and recommend changes as necessary
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to demonstrate past experience in fundraising in a charity context.
- Experience in leading special events.
- Post-secondary degree, accompanied by work experience in fundraising, ideally in a health-related environment
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge database software
- Demonstrated computer skills, with competency in using advanced features of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and social media vehicles
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written, along with strong interpersonal skills that allow you to work with a broad range of professionals and volunteers
- Ability to research information and to summarize key details
- Superior organizational, time management and multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to prioritize and to meet deadlines
- Ability to handle confidential matters with sensitivity and professionalism
- A collaborative, innovative and flexible approach to work
- Excellent customer service, with an enthusiasm for relationship-building
- Reports directly to the Executive Director
- Works closely with Foundation staff.
- Relates well to FVHCF key stakeholders and members of the public
- Stewards and maintains relationships with donors and volunteers
- Keeps abreast of industry best practices through professional network development
- Applicants must include a cover letter and state salary expectations within their application in order to be considered
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada to be considered for this position
- Fraser Valley: Abbotsford, Mission, Chilliwack and Hope
The position will remain open until a successful candidate is appointed.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to email@example.com