The Fraser Institute has an immediate opening in our Vancouver office for an innovative, enthusiastic Development Associate who is looking for a rewarding and challenging career opportunity with room for growth in a team of talented, nimble, results driven professionals, raising in excess of $12 million annually.
This multifaceted position is ideal for a dynamic mid-level fundraiser, who is a team player, has great interpersonal skills, learns quickly and has an interest in fundraising and public policy. The Development Associate will support various fundraising programs including Foundations, Major Gifts and Gala sales.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Donor Relations:
- Book donor meetings, prepare pre and post meeting materials including donor packages, meeting briefs and follow-up letters;
- Manage and maintain the prospect management process in Raiser’s Edge for Western Canada;
- Support the gala sales process for Western Canada;
- Respond to general inquiries from donors/prospects answering and redirecting as appropriate.
- Draft, prepare and submit customized grant proposals, reports and related communications;
- Assist in effective and ongoing stewardship of current and prospective donors;
- Assist in developing and preparing foundation compliance reports for delivery to granting funders.
- Provide collegial support to the Development Department and other departments as requested.
- You have worked in a Development role. A minimum 3 years’ experience in Development – specifically grant writing, identification, cultivation, and stewardship of donors is preferred.
- You have a post-secondary degree/diploma in Fundraising, Marketing, Communications, Business, or related fields. A combination of work experience and education may be considered.
- You have professional writing and editing experience, including writing and editing business correspondence and/or grant writing experience.
- You have excellent verbal communication skills and are able to present yourself in a professional, confident demeanor.
- You are highly self-motivated and have a strong sense of personal initiative and ownership.
- You’re an ambitious go-getter with strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with a demonstrated ability to work independently, manage multiple projects, prioritize, work to deadlines, and you are excited to learn and grow with the organization.
What we offer:
- A collegial work environment that encourages sharing ideas and learning.
- An opportunity to work alongside some of the most accomplished policy experts in the country.
- Professional development and advancement opportunities.
- An attractive compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits, MSP coverage, a fitness benefit and a great RRSP plan.
How to apply
Please email your resume and cover letter (including salary expectations) to the Associate Director, Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Development Associate.”
Application Deadline: October 31st, 2018 (resumes will be reviewed as they are received)
We thank all candidates who wish to apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.