Representative, Benefits & Employee Information
Supporting the Vision, Values, Purpose and Commitments of Fraser Health including service delivery that is centered around patients/clients/residents and families:
Within the Benefits & Employee Information Department, the Representative, Benefits & Employee Information provides service to obtain, document, process and release applicable people information in accordance with established policies, procedures and contractual agreements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processes and maintains all information relating to employee benefits and pension, including new hire documentation, change of status, terminations, leaves of absence, retirements, Long Term Disability, salary increments and contract increases.
- Maintain employee record information in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Provides information and direction to employees regarding benefit and pension plans.
- Responds to routine enquiries from Fraser Health staff and external organizations.
- Calculates, prepares and distributes benefit entitlement information and reports.
- Researches and compiles statistics as required.
- Participates in departmental projects as assigned.
Diploma in Human Resource Management or related discipline and two (2) years' recent related Benefits experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
Demonstrates the LEADS capabilities of Leads Self, Engages Others, Achieves Results, Develops Coalitions and supports Systems Transformation.
- Working knowledge of applicable regulations, legislation and collective agreements.
- Proficiency in the use of computer applications that include systems such as MEDITECH and database, spreadsheet and desktop office programs.
- Physical ability to perform duties related to the position.
- Sound keyboarding skill.