Leader, Organization Development
Supporting the Vision, Values, Purpose and Commitments of Fraser Health including service delivery that is centered around patients/clients/residents and families:
Plans and delivers strategic people engagement and organization development consulting services across Fraser Health including senior team development, large systems change engagement and leadership for the Engagement Radical network. Additional areas of responsibility include consulting design and facilitating of network and leadership structures such as large leadership forums, conferences and summits and bi-annual engagement surveying.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initiates and develops recommendations to support effective and efficient organization development towards a work environment consistent with our Vision, Purpose, Values and Commitments.
- Leads implementation of the organization engagement strategy including operationalizing support to the Engagement Radical network.
- Sets direction for OD consulting annually in alignment with the Director and executive priorities for the organization; facilitates senior leadership meetings and retreats.
- Manages internal and external OD consulting team, including selection of new Client Partners/consultants, supervision and delegation of work assignments, evaluation of staff to ensure effective performance of duties; disciplines and initiates employee terminations as necessary.
- Prepares and manages budget to reflect the on-going needs of the portfolio; manages annual contracting with external team members.
- Oversees the intake process which includes the client service request and initial consultation; assigns appropriate Client Partner to meet client need; monitors Client Partner work throughout client service engagement.
- Partners with Leadership Development in the delivery of Fraser Health's internal leadership development programs for leaders at all levels in the organization; liaises with the Fraser Health Coaching Services as needed.
- Provides consulting and support to operational and clinical leaders in the areas of organization development; keeps current of industry standards and best practice.
- Liaises with and provides support to key development initiatives undertaken through People and Organization Development.
- Manages contracts and coordinates the brokering for organization development consulting as required to support organization change initiatives and OD consulting on a one-time basis which includes contracting of work, consultant selection, monitoring and evaluating effectiveness.
- Provides design and facilitation support for large leadership forums in the organization.
- Partners with Leadership Development in the delivery of Fraser Health's internal leadership development.
- Liaises with Leadership Development, People Development Client Partners, Strategic Transformation Team and Leaders to ensure consistent goals and best practice standards.
- Liaises with L/OD and P/OD Leaders to ensure consistent best practice standards.
Masters Degree in Organization Development, Organization Behaviour, Leadership/OD plus seven (7) to nine (9) years' recent, related experience in a large organization or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
Demonstrates the LEADS capabilities of Leads Self, Engages Others, Achieves Results, Develops Coalitions and supports Systems Transformation.
- Demonstrated excellence in knowledge and delivery of transformational organization development.
- Demonstrated excellence in team development theory, practice and facilitation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of OD theory, Leadership Development best practices and OD consulting principles, practices and methodology.
- Demonstrated expertise in client, team and systems needs assessment.
- Demonstrated expertise in design and development of organization development interventions.