Food Service Worker I
Performs a variety of duties in a dietary department including warewashing, cleaning of work areas and equipment, serving and portioning of food for patients and residents.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assembles patient/resident meal trays according to menus. Serves meals to ECU residents in dining room bulk rethermalization system.
- Loads, delivers, collects and unloads meal service carts. Clears and cleans dining room tables in Extended Care Unit.
- Makes beverages and food items such as tea, coffee and toast. Portions foods for patients and residents according to specified requirements.
- Assembles items such as sandwiches and salads.
- Washes, peels and stores vegetables and fruit.
- Washes dishes and utensils either by hand or machine.
- Stacks clean dishes and utensils.
- Brings out and puts away supplies as required.
- Performs cleaning duties such as sweeping and damp mopping floors, cleaning counter tops, sinks, cupboards, shelves, machines and equipment and spot washes wall and splash areas.
- Follows HACCP protocol and records temperatures as per HACCP regulations.
- Answers phone and takes messages.
- Removes soiled linen and garbage from work area.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Grade 10 or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Food Safe level 1 certification.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.