Analyst, Business Systems
Supporting the Vision, Values, Purpose and Commitments of Fraser Health including service delivery that is centered around patients/clients/residents and families:
The Analyst, Business Systems, Health Informatics - Community and Primary Care, is responsible for providing a range of business and systems analysis and support services to the community and primary care areas within Fraser Health. Analyzes business process re-engineering concepts and methods, with respect to health informatics, and develops, implements, and maintains health information systems and business practices pertaining to electronic health information capture and utilization. Ensures the development of the electronic health records for Fraser Health.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports, develops, and maintains the business processes necessary to facilitate care provider access to electronic health information systems by conducting feasibility studies and determining user requirements for the uptake of electronic health information functionality or systems.
- Participates in strategic planning support and change management services by assisting the Senior Consultant or Consultant in streamlining business processes and best practices for electronic health information capture and utilization.
- Provides business analysis by carrying out work flow analysis, developing business information requirements and models, assisting in defining business scope and objectives and planning, designing, or modifying practical manual and automated business processes.
- Participates in health information systems projects, under the direction of the Senior Consultant or Consultant, by providing business systems analysis support. May lead small projects.
- Analyzes and diagnoses health information systems applications and/or business issues and provides resolution to either the systems or the business processes. Supports business process changes and/or functional changes to health information systems in support of business practice requirements by testing, modifying, and maintaining the integrated health information systems applications.
- Develops Service Level Agreements between Information Management and assigned business areas to support the movement of projects to operational status, maintenance, and support.
- Assists in resolving any operational issues with health information systems as identified internally or externally from the Information Management Customer Service desk.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of health informatics goals, objectives, policies and procedures for Information Management and assigned business areas within Fraser Health.
- Participates on assigned internal and external committees as required and works collaboratively as a member of the Health Information Systems and Services team.
Bachelor's Degree in Health Information Systems Management or a related field plus two (2) to four (4) years' recent related business and systems analysis experience in a medium to large sized organization, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Experience with an electronic health information system, such as the Meditech PARIS, and/or Intrahealth Profile is preferred.
Skills and Abilities
Demonstrates the LEADS capabilities of Leads Self, Engages Others, Achieves Results, Develops Coalitions and supports Systems Transformation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of electronic health information systems.
- Ability to analyze business processes and business specifications.
- Knowledge of systems analysis, design and development life cycle theory, concepts and practices.
- Ability to develop innovative system/computing technology approaches and solutions for customer business needs.
- Analytical reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal effectively with others.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.