Analyst, Business Systems
Supporting the Vision, Values, Purpose and Commitments of Fraser Health including service delivery that is centered around patients/clients/residents and families:
The Analyst, Business Systems provides support to an assigned portfolio in the areas of knowledge management, decision support and incorporate business areas by interpreting business strategies and objectives that support the selection, procurement and implementation of appropriate information systems applications. Analyzes business process reengineering concepts and methods and provides documentation of business requirements on information management projects. Provides analyst support for all phases of assigned systems development and implementation projects including providing hands-on application support. May lead small information systems projects.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides systems analysis by participating in the establishment of system scope and objectives, conducting feasibility studies, planning or modifying procedures to solve system problems, and preparing detailed specifications for development work. Solves existing systems logic difficulties as required.
- Provides business analysis by performing functions such as work flow analysis, developing business information requirements and models, assisting in defining business scope and objectives, planning, designing, or modifying practical manual and automated business procedures.
- Participates in strategic planning support and change management services by assisting the Manager, Senior Consultant or Consultant on projects that include confidential initiatives that may result in the loss of FTEs and that support the selection, procurement and implementation of appropriate information systems applications; conducts feasibility studies, workload efficiency analysis using formal data gathering techniques; identifies system deficiencies, user department operational inefficiencies and ways of improving business efficiency functions.
- Under the direction of the Senior Consultant or the Consultant, participates in information systems projects by providing business systems analysis support. May lead small projects.
- Provides third level application support and ensures that the application service level agreement is maintained and meets business expectations and Information Management capabilities.
- Serves on a variety of Fraser Health wide health service delivery area and departmental committees, task groups, internal working teams and corporate projects.
- Maintains knowledge of infrastructure and technologies by remaining aware of current and new technologies.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor's degree in Health Information Science or Computer Science with two (2) to four (4) years' experience with business and systems analysis or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
Demonstrates the LEADS capabilities of Leads Self, Engages Others, Achieves Results, Develops Coalitions and supports Systems Transformation.
- Knowledge of information management, business processes, technologies and applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the project management process and the systems development life cycle.
- Demonstrated superior skills in data research, gathering, modelling, and business and systems analysis.
- Ability to organize work, problem solve, multitask and meet deadlines.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.