Coordinator of Network Knowledge and Learning (1-year contract)
Food Banks Canada is a national charitable organization dedicated to its vision of a Canada where no one goes hungry. Our mission is to provide national leadership to relieve hunger today and prevent hunger tomorrow in collaboration with the food bank network in Canada.
From coast to coast to coast, food bank organizations support more than 850,000 people who visit food banks each month in Canada. This network of organizations includes 10 provincial food bank associations and nearly 650 affiliate food banks that daily provide food and other services to those experiencing hunger.
Food banks are facing an increased need for nutritious food, together with a changing food industry and a need to focus on long-term solutions to hunger in Canada. Many food bank organizations across Canada are seeking out and implementing innovative programs and approaches to address hunger in ways that serve the particular needs of their communities or provinces. Food Banks Canada is looking to increase its support to the food bank network by connecting organizations to each other and to external expertise, to share learning, innovations, and best practices - to build a more effective network-wide response to hunger in Canada.
Reporting to the Director of Learning & Knowledge Exchange, the Coordinator of Network Knowledge and Learning will support the development and execution of learning and education opportunities for the network of provincial associations and food banks across Canada.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Conference & Event Coordination
- Conference and event coordination – support the successful execution of Food Banks Canada’s national conferences and learning events, including:
- Coordinate arrangements such as locations, room bookings, meeting room setups, staffing and volunteers, equipment rentals and catering
- Manage event registration through online or other registration processes and payment processing
- Assist with program development including identifying and liaising with speakers and provide support to conference agenda development and travel/hotel arrangements
- Attend events to monitor arrangements and ensure smooth functioning of all activities. Liaise with facilities staff and suppliers of contracted services on-site
- Coordinate the development of promotional materials related to conferences and learning events including online updates, printing and mailing of resources
- Community engagement and overall coordination of the Ignite online knowledge centre for food banks including technical administration and support
- Coordinate and support webinars and other online learning opportunities
- Coordinate day-to-day execution of Food Banks Canada’s Safe Food Handling program and e-learning course through promotion, monitoring, analytics and administration
- Develop clear communication with the food bank network to promote events and educational opportunities
- Make recommendations regarding suppliers and arranges for contracts for services. Monitors operation of services according to agreements
- Compile and prepare reports and evaluations relating to learning opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Competencies
- University degree/College diploma
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in event management, conference support, and/or supporting learning and development activities
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy, including strong proofreading skills
- Customer service and relationship-building focus
- Very strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and familiarity with CMS and LMS applications
- Experience working with teams including with volunteers and students
- Initiative, self-starter, ability to work with little supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills
- Commitment to organizational mission and familiarity with the issues surrounding hunger
- Experience working with a non-profit organization an asset
- Fluency in French an asset
This full-time contract position is located in Food Banks Canada’s Mississauga, Ontario office.
Food Banks Canada offers competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, flexibility, free parking and other benefits, including a supportive fun workplace with a fantastic group of colleagues.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Coordinator of Network Knowledge & Learning. The deadline for applications is October 24, 2018.