This is a contract position to cover a maternity leave from January 21, 2019 to January 19, 2020. The incumbent will work 28 hours/week and will primarily provide school based rehabilitation services in the City of Kawartha Lakes/Haliburton region.
- Assess, treat, and provide consultation to and discharge of children and adolescents referred to the occupational therapy department, according to Centre policy and quality assurance requirements.
- Provide consultation, training and education to clients, their caregivers and other professionals.
- Participate as a member of the department, clinical multidisciplinary teams and resource committees to promote quality service for clients.
- Assessment, treatment, provision of education and training to caregivers and other professionals, reassessment and discharge of clients on caseload
- Develop a service plan in consultation with caregivers
- Maintain knowledge of current best treatment practice for client population and integrate into practice
- Comply with relevant Centre statistical, clinical and administrative reporting requirements in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Therapy
- Member in good standing with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Demonstrate ability in communication, organizational skills and problem solving
- Committed to working within a family-centred approach
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with FCCC staff and with other professionals in the community
- Valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle
- Travel is required for this position
Interested applicants should e-mail their resume and covering letter, quoting the file number in the subject line, to email@example.com by the closing date.
TalentEgg will send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org