School Bus Driver - Whitby
Have you considered being a Professional School Bus Driver?
We need bus drivers in Whitby, to safely transport some extremely precious cargo. A special job requires special people which is why we need drivers with a strong commitment to safety and customer service, because it's the relationships that make this career more rewarding than regular jobs.
That is exactly why our drivers say this is the "lots-of-freedom, life-changing, love-what-you-do-line of work.
We Guarantee 4 hours per day at $16.00 per hour or greater if the route exceeds 3 hours
WE ARE PROUD TO OFFER:
- Drivers License renewal paid when required (annually)
- Drivers medicals reimbursed
- $150 annual Health Spending Account
- FREE ‘CLASS B’ DRIVER TRAINING
- Charter Work paid at $16/hr
HOURS OF WORK
Approximately 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM, Monday to Friday (September to June) on school days only.
Ideal for retirees, self-employed people with flexible schedules, or stay-at-home moms or dads.
In many cases you may even be able to bring your toddler along with you (ask about child ride along).
YOU WILL ENJOY
• Safely driving students to and from school, following a prescribed route, on a daily basis during the school year.
• Performing daily vehicle safety inspections.
• Communicating clearly and interacting with parents, school employees, passengers, co-workers & the public in a courteous, professional manner.
• Being part of a world-class organization.
• Security and opportunities for potential advancement
• Extra assignments may be available at many locations, but are not mandatory.
• FREE TRAINING.
• Competitive wages and a well-maintained fleet of automatic vehicles.
• Making a difference in the lives of children.
• Still having lots of free time for yourself, your family or your other interests.
• Meet the minimum age requirements to hold a school bus driver’s licence in your province (and company standard minimum 21 years of age).
• Have at least 3 years of driving experience (at least 1 in North America).
• Hold a valid (non-probationary) driver's licence and a very good driving record.
• Communicate clearly in English or French (depending on the area and school district requirements).
• Undergo & pass a Ministry prescribed Medical examination, drug testing, criminal record search, vulnerable sector clearance and other background checks.
First Student is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.
First Student moves more passengers per day than all Canadian airlines combined! That's why we need amazing people like YOU to APPLY NOW!