School Bus Driver - Toronto, ON
Have you considered being a Professional School Bus Driver?
We need bus drivers in Toronto ON, to safely transport some extremely precious cargo. A special job requires special people which is why we need drivers with a strong commitment to safety and customer service who genuinely love children because it's the relationships that make this career more rewarding then regular jobs.
That is exactly why our drivers say this is the "lots-of-freedom, life changing, love-what-you-do" line of work!
HOURS OF WORK:
- Approximately 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM, Monday to Friday (September to June) on school days only;
- Ideal for retirees, self-employed people with flexible schedules, or stay-at-home moms or dads;
- In many cases you may even be able to bring your toddler along with you (ask about child ride along);
- No mandatory nights or weekend work.
YOU WILL ENJOY:
- Safely driving students to and from school, following a set route during the school year;
- Performing daily vehicle safety inspections;
- Communicating clearly and interacting with parents, school employees, passengers, co-workers & the public in a courteous and professional manner;
- Being part of a world-class organization;
- Opportunities for potential advancement;
- Extra assignments may be available at many locations, but are not mandatory;
- FREE TRAINING
- Competitive wages and a well-maintained fleet of automatic vehicles;
- Making a difference in the lives of children and continue to have lots of free time for yourself, your family and your other interests.
- Meet the minimum age requirements to hold a school bus driver’s licence in your province (and company standard minimum 21 years of age);
- Have at least 3 years of driving experience and at least 1 year in North America;
- Hold a valid (non-probationary) driver's licence and a very good driving record;
- Communicate clearly in English or French (depending on the area and school district requirements);
- Undergo & pass a Ministry prescribed Medical examination, drug testing, criminal record search, vulnerable sector clearance and other background checks.
First Student moves more passengers per day then all North American airlines combined! That's why we need amazing people like YOU to APPLY NOW!
First Student is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.