School Bus Driver - Stouffville
FIRST STUDENT, North America’s largest & leading School Bus Company is training and hiring steady part-time and spare drivers RIGHT NOW.
HOURS OF WORK:
- Approximately 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM, Monday to Friday (September to June) on school days only;
- Ideal part- time opportunity with flexible schedules;
- In many cases you may even be able to bring your toddler along with you (ask about child ride along);
- No mandatory nights or weekend work.
- Safely driving students to and from school, following a set route during the school year;
- Performing daily vehicle safety inspections;
- Communicating clearly and interacting with parents, school employees, passengers, co-workers & the public in a courteous and professional manner;
- Being part of a world-class organization;
- Opportunities for potential advancement;
- Extra assignments may be available at many locations, but are not mandatory;
- FREE TRAINING;
- Competitive wages and a well-maintained fleet of automatic vehicles;
- Making a difference in the lives of children and continue to have lots of free time for yourself, your family and your other interests'
- Any other related tasks as directed by Supervisor.
- Meet the minimum age requirements to hold a school bus driver’s licence in your province (and company standard minimum 21 years of age);
- Have at least 3 years of driving experience and at least 1 year in North America;
- Hold a valid (non-probationary) driver's licence and a very good driving record;
- Communicate clearly in English or French (depending on the area and school district requirements);
- Undergo & pass a Ministry prescribed Medical examination, drug testing, criminal record search, vulnerable sector clearance and other background checks.
First Student is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.