School Bus Driver ( Part Time ) - Brampton/Caledon, ON
We need bus drivers in Brampton, ON to safely transport some extremely precious cargo. A special job requires special people! This is why we need drivers with a strong commitment to safety and customer service, because it’s the relationships that make this career more rewarding than regular jobs.
That is exactly why our drivers say this is the “lots of-freedom, life-changing, love-what-you-do” line of work!
FIRST STUDENT, North America’s largest & leading school bus company is training and hiring steady part-time and spare drivers RIGHT NOW.
Competitive wages along with EMPLOYEE BENEFITS for SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS in our Brampton/Caledon location. No mandatory night or weekend work.
HOURS OF WORK
Approximately 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM, Monday to Friday (September to June) on school days only; Ideal for retirees, self-employed people with flexible schedules, or stay-at-home moms or dads; In many cases you may even be able to bring your toddler along with you (ask about child ride along).
YOU WILL ENJOY
- Safely driving students to and from school, following a set route during the school year;
- FREE FRIENDLY, TOP-NOTCH PROFESSIONAL TRAINING;
- Health Benefits for School Bus Drivers;
- Performing daily vehicle safety inspections;
- Communicating clearly and interacting with parents, school employees, passengers, co-workers & the public in a courteous, professional manner;
- Being part of a world-class organization;
- Opportunities for potential advancement;
- Extra assignments may be available at many locations, but are not mandatory;
- Competitive wages, a well-maintained fleet of automatic vehicles;
- 'Making a difference' in the lives of children and continue to have lots of free time for yourself, your family or your other interests.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES MUST
- Meet the minimum age requirements to hold a school bus driver’s licence in your province (and company standard minimum 21 years of age);
- Have at least 3 years of driving experience with at least 1 year in North America;
- Hold a valid (non-probationary) driver's licence and a very good driving record;
- Communicate clearly in English or French (depending on the area and school district requirements); •Undergo & pass a Ministry prescribed Medical examination, drug testing, criminal record search, vulnerable sector clearance and other background checks.
First Student is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.
Please submit an online application by clicking 'Apply Now' below
For assistance, please contact Andrea Swasey at 905-857-4370 ext 107