At First Student, our technicians/mechanics are an integral part of the communities they serve. They are committed to safety, customer service and have experience in vehicle repair. We are currently looking for Service Technicians at our Markham, ON location.
Why pick First Student? Glad You Asked!
We care as much about you as our students’ safety. That’s why we are Proud & Excited to offer the following:
- Competitive Wages & Consistent Pay – Hourly Rate opposed to flat rate
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Training which is on the cutting edge of transportation with technology
Service Technician Job Duties Include:
- Perform brake, safety, and PM inspections
- Complete work orders legibly and accurately
- Perform on road repairs/service calls as required
- Perform defect repairs as required
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Comply with Safety & Health regulations in the workplace
- Maintain required tools for the job & submit tool inventory annually
- Other duties as assigned by Shop Manager
- After hours on-call responsibilities as required
Service Technician Job Requirements:
- Valid Ontario Driver’s Licence
- Valid S & T Licenses preferred
- Proficient with computers
- Willingness to work with others
- Mechanically-minded and safety-conscious
- Garage environment and on road repairs if needed.
- Shift 9am-6pm Monday to Friday
- Unionized environment
Now is the time to enhance your career…not just pursue another job. You do not want to miss out on this tremendous opportunity!
Apply online today to become a part of our team!
First Student is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.