Lead Fleet Maintenance Mechanic
Looking for a new career? Join First Transit as a Fleet Maintenance Mechanic!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- A comprehensive benefits package including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic job requirements:
- Valid driver’s license
- Mechanically inclined
- Previous experience with buses preferred
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.